There''s No Biting In Soccer Or Is There?

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by NBHorn7, Jun 24, 2014.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The Link

The Link

He has a history of biting players and today he felt like Italian.

An Italian player was red carded for barely running into a opposing player earlier and this guy with a history of biting players does it again and isn't even carded.

I'm surprised they didn't red card the Italian player for not offering him a fork. He did get in a pretty good elbow to the face.

This sport can be really weird at times in the stands and on the pitch.

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

He should be required to wear one of those Hannibal Lecter masks when he comes back.

[​IMG]

3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Suspended for nine matches and gone for the world cup.

Hasta la Vista baby!

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

He will miss a few games with his club Liverpool, several matches for his country and fined 100,000 Swiss Francs, I believe.

I am unsure if he is to be paid money for the games he has to sit out for his club in the EPL. FIFA did not sit and do nothing about it.

A few years ago some fans in Spain, I want to say Madrid, made Monkey noises to black players on the opposing team during the Champions League which is a big deal. In response, the next home game was not attended by any fans, none. Only media and family were permitted on the premises.

You could hear the ball being kicked, the coaches on the sidelines and players communicating with one another on the field. You could even hear the clicking of cameras.

FIFA is not perfect, no sports governing body is but they try and when they go after something, they do it with tenacity...unless it is banning Italy from all competition for a decade.

5. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I'm thinking no matter what sport that you might get one bite and at the most two.

Then you should be banned from the sport permanently.
    If you want to act like a mad dog then you should be put down like one for good.

Fans are a different matter from players. Fans doing things in the stands distasteful are still a far cry from a player assaulting a player on the pitch in a criminal way.

This was nothing short of assault and nothing to do with anything in the action of the game itself. I think criminal charges could be brought for such a deed if the Italian player wanted to.

6. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

While Count Uruguay might have teeth, FIFA does not. The act should have been criminal, because he could have transmitted any number of diseases with that bite, including serious ones.
    He should have been tested at the very least as part of the suspension.
    And after two previous suspensions for the same offense, I could see a permanent ban from the sport. The guy has issues, previously.

7. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I wonder what would have happened if he had been one of Brazil's players.

8. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Same thing. Suarez is a star, and his not playing virtually guaranteed their elimination. Had it been a Brazilian player, they could have plugged in someone else and still be considered a favorite to win the whole thing.