They are what we thought they were!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Cowboys run up stats against inferior competition and over pay Elliot as a back. That ELITE over paid running back went 18 for a whopping 36 yards. Thanks yet again Jerrah! The Saints defense isn't all that and the Boys will not seriously compete this year for a Super Bowl and it's time to move on from the over matched Jason Garret. Just my rant for the day.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have almost quit watching the NFL, but it was on today while I set up a laptop & iPad for my grandson.

Dak Prescott, Watson, and Bridgewater really sets standards in ineptitude that I haven't seen at the HS level. NFL Coaching in The Great Republic is pathetic.
    In a league full of goofy owners, McNair filled his front office from the beginning with top of the line ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The Saints played great defense, but if Dak and Zeke want to be paid gazillions that will cripple the team's salary cap, they've gotta put up more than 10 points in their first real test of the season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Jerrah will never ever get to another Super Bowl much less win a SuperBowl.

They’ll always be overhyped, underachieving bunch of football players who are less than the sum of their parts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Me too! I truly just don't care anymore. It's a bad product and I have no interest in wasting my time watching it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

An inept performance to say the least. Wrong game dribbling the ball not the idea.

7. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Yeah Jason Garret should have been gone a long time ago.

8. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Growing up an obsessive Cowboys fan, I began to lose interest in the 90s when Jerrah started his egocentric shenanigans, and it became all about him. Since, I have mostly lost interest in the NFL and have found myself usually pulling for the team that the Cowboys are playing, as I did last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Baseballgawd

Baseballgawd 25+ Posts

I agree w all of you, especially the part where Elliott and Prescott break the bank for themselves. HUGE, Brees fan, how can anyone root against him?

10. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Yep. Drove up for the day from Austin once to watch Eddie LaBaron (5’7”) and his boys get smoked. Loved the Landry days, but Jones killed it for me and I won’t watch them now, and damn sure won’t attend a game, even with free tickets.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  11. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

If the Cowboys want to go to the Super Bowl this season, they should hurry and place their ticket order before the scalpers tie up all the good seats.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Detective Shilala

And don’t get me started on Jerry world. That place is the perfect monument to Jerry Jones. The biggest, most idiotic place where no expense was spared to ensure that it sucks horribly at it’s intended purpose of football.

Might be a great place to see a Katie Perry concert though, if you’re into that crap.

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Wait until you see the new stadiums in LA and Vegas. Acoustics in Jerry's place are horrible.

14. Detective Shilala

The fact that the Cowboys are still one of the most profitable teams in the NFL just goes to show what a bunch of football dolts / ingrates NFL fans are.

• Hot Hot x 1
  15. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

The NFL is a bunch of grown men who are either really large or superb athletes (or sometimes both) playing a boys game for money. The speed and size results in lots of high energy collisions which produce stresses human bodies are not meant to take repeatedly. It is essentially a gladitorial spectacle.

Rather the same with MLB in that at that level of compensation, one expects every play to be perfect with zero mistakes. At least there is less carnage than the NFL.

I suppose I am strange as I get more pleasure from watching kids in a Little League game trying to learn the fundamentsls of team play and the game itself. Sports to me should always be a reward for living life well, but not life itself. Participation is the true enjoyment and reward for the individual, not mere passive spectating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vol Horn 4 Life

The Saints played pretty good defense, but the Cowboys were better at crappy offensive planning and play calling. Just kept doing the same ineffective things over and over. I swear Garret took over play calling for the game.

17. HornHuskerDad

Oh, how true! I now sincerely regret that I voted "for" on the Stadium. It is one of the ugliest structures I've ever seen - and when you contrast it to the throwback beauty of The Ballpark, the Boss Hog Bowl completely negates the beauty of the sports/entertainment district.

I can't undo my vote, much as I would like to do so. But I can maintain my promise never to spend a penny at the stadium. I confess I still watch the Cowboys on TV, but I'll never go to a game in person.

18. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

yeah, I saw U2 there. it was great. sound was great, even upper level.

19. Vol Horn 4 Life

Losing 31-10 at home with the touchdown on a prayer blind 40 yard throw while almost being sacked. Jerrah better pay Dak $80 million stat!!! This is a clueless team today. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Losing 21-9 to the winless J-E-T-E Jets!!!

21. Detective Shilala

Playoffs?!?! Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!

22. HornHuskerDad

Ugly! I repeat my prior observation - if the Dallas Cowboys want to go to the Super Bowl this season, they had better hurry and get their ticket order in before all the good seats are gone.

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Calling for a pass out of 5-wide on the do-or-die two-point conversion when you have Ezekiel Elliott? Just stupid. I'm not saying you have to run the ball or anything, but not even threatening it and telegraphing "we are going to pass" to the defense makes very little sense.

24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The problem was they ran the two-point conversion play to get the TD. They should have put Pollard in with Zek in a power I formation with Dak under center. Defencing that would have required figuring who would have the ball and which direction. Too much thinking for a play at the 2-yard line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Jason Garrett needs to go bad.............he couldn't couch his way out of a wet paper bag.

26. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

that was painful to watch for 3 quarters. then incredulous at the end.