They Hyundai v. Lexus Campaign is Pissing Me Off

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by suttree, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Clever Username

Clever Username 100+ Posts

2. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

3. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

4. rustjs1

rustjs1 100+ Posts

5. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

By the way, this is my Lexus:

[​IMG]
    It's a tricked out IS300 I bought cheap off a stripper.

I wonder if I can get a picture of Calvin pissing on a Hyundai.

6. huge

huge 250+ Posts

thing is, i dont think suttree would drive a lexus either.

he's rolling a kraut sled

7. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Does it have a coffee can muffler and go

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

8. sawbonz

sawbonz 500+ Posts

I'd rather have someone push my Lexus than drive aHyundai

9. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

that's only in the morning. You should be up cookin' breafast for someone.

10. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

11. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

12. LongIslandIceSIP

LongIslandIceSIP 500+ Posts

do the Infiniti vs BMW commercials bug you too?

13. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

14. random horn

random horn 250+ Posts

15. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

****. i dont care. im a lexus fan, my family has one.

i just mentioned that a few people i know have had problems with the IS (the older models). when they tell me they are ****, i tell them they are full of ****. you cant say lexus is **** when you are basing your argument on the lowest priced model.

16. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

17. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

I don't care what the valet thinks, I care what the people who are waiting for their cars might think. I guess you could tell them its a rental, or you had to drive your housekeeper's car because yours is in the shop.

Can you imagine pulling up to Mark's in a Hyundai and throwing the valet the keys? I think he would just start laughing.

18. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

or the guy in the bentley that just pulled up behind you is laughing at you in your lexus... either way.

i feel sorry for those who base their entire life solely on the idea of impressing others...

19. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

I drive a Nissan. I try to avoid valet parking if at all possible.

Not because I give a f what anyone thinks of what I drive, but because I don't trust some pimple face punk to park my g-ride.

20. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

21. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

I have a 2007 Azera. I joked a few months ago that I was probably the first person to have a Hyundai valet parked at the Mansion on Turtle Creek. I'm also a member of a private club and I valet there too.....there's not anywhere I wouldn't.

It's a beautiful car and I'm not the least embarassed to drive it nor use the Valet key that came with it along with just about every other bell or whistle you can imagine. Drives like a dream.

I've previously owned a Lincoln LS and turned in a leased Mercedes C280 (not exactly top of the line) when I bought the Azera. This is my first $mart car buy in a very long time. I'm not wrapped up in a "designer label" car anymore and it's been quite liberating.

It's a way of getting from point A to point B in the big scheme of things, not a reflection on my life's worth. Granted, I've been driving luxury cars for about 20 years, but I'm glad to finally "get over it". Can't say a commercial ever got under my skin involving any of the cars I drove, but kudos to Hyundai for getting people's attention.

Currently, I'm putting those extra bucks I used to spend on cars in savings, but I'm also inclined to keep a nice bottle of Macallan scotch for an everyday drink (I like mine neat) when I get home these days. There are many finer things to indulge in that don't have to be a status symbol in order to enjoy them. Life is good.

I don't buy $200 jeans though, but then I guess I don't need them since I'm not crawling out of a Lexus at the Valet stand. [​IMG]

I'm now thinking about getting a Sonata for my "casual" car to replace my 2004 gas-guzzling Lincoln Aviator. [​IMG]

22. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

i buy $200 jeans. that's really not the point though, is it?

23. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

I think I'm going to upgrade to a BMW X3 soon, which will be totally sweet.

24. hitbyatrain

hitbyatrain 250+ Posts

I think the real question is, do the transvestite hookers care what car you pick them up in? I'm guessing the answer is no.

Just saying.

[​IMG]

25. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Moving from an IS300 to an X3 is definitely not a step in the masculine direction.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it does seem to matter to you.

26. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

27. Rusk

Rusk 250+ Posts

a car is a car is car. It goes from one place to the other.

some people on this thread need to get over themselves.

28. texasdoc_2002

texasdoc_2002 25+ Posts

Agreed - some major elitism on this thread.

I drive a '98 Camry with 140k on it. Nice ride as far as I care.

I may consider a Lexus in the future, probably because it is the most reliable car out there, and a nice ride. The GS 350 looks good.

Most people who are caught up in which car they drive don't even own the damn thing - just lease it to look cool.

29. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

30 years ago everyone laughed at Japanese cars much less a Japanese luxury car. Now Lexus, Acura, and Infinity are quite popular.

30. mishatx

mishatx 1,000+ Posts