Things getting rotten in Tigertown.............

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LousianaHorn, Nov 17, 2020.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Who would have thought?!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Hard to believe that an sec team could be anywhere close to such shenanigans. :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Great QB aside....everything ease about their run last year reeked of something untoward....

5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Geaux on....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

You are, HIC. I do not need to explain these things to you...and I like that.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident"

• Like Like x 1
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rain,

You may have to "explain" these things to HIC, but I assure you that you won't have to "splain" them to him.

8. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I had the unfortunate opportunity to “live” in NOLA for 3 years, I would rank the lawlessness and disregard for morals in regards to the Tieguz winning as absolutely no surprise.
    Truly not surprised that everyone associated with LSU would look the other way on this.
    I pulled for LSU until I went to Baton Rouge, all I’ll say is the Aggies and Tieguz deserve each other.

Mark my words, in Louisiana this will go away and it will go away quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They'll probably also have the campus police and the local DA & prosecutors on their side to help cover it up as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

12. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

• Like Like x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

And that “home” would be much better off if one of them was still in control.

14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rick mueller

So is New York!

16. rick mueller

I have to wonder to what extent a corrupt system actually convicts corruption. I think I know the answer which casts very much doubt on the whole list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I think looking at it by city would be a better perspective. I.E., southern IL evens out Chicago, but certainly Chicago, New York and New Orleans would be the top 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rick mueller

Chicago probably looks pristine on paper, because NOBODY gets "caught" there!

19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

North and South Dakota? I must be out of touch re corruption cause I’d never have put them up there in top three.

20. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Let me go back and clarify a little bit. The people of New Orleans are some of the kindest most welcoming group of people I’ve ever met the food is outstanding. So I did not mean any disrespect to the people who live in Louisiana but it is the absolutely the police, and when I mean by that is if you know someone on the police force they will fix tickets for you I’ve actually seen it happen and you’re just gonna have to trust me on that. The politics are so blatantly corrupt That it’s a known issue. When I lived a person was arrested for killing a police officer and they showed him being taken into the jail, low and behold the next day the young man was found dead in his cell after falling down the stairs “trying to escape “
    once he was inside the jail. I’m not making a moral judgment if that was right or wrong but I remember saying... that’s it will never hear about that story again and sure enough it was a non-issue. In this environment- i’m not talking about what’s going on right now I’m just saying back then if you were someone with connections you didn’t have to worry about anything from a ticket to sometimes major crimes. A man I worked for killed someone in a DUI, paid the victims family- and the charges were dropped. This was mid ‘80s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Anyone who has been to LA knows it’s a 3rd world country. I laughed when the folks from the East and west coasts were appalled at the incompetence and corruption exposed after Hurricane Katrina. They kept saying this shouldn’t happen in America. Correct!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. horninchicago

Did y'all know that no crimes are ever committed on Tchoupitoulas Street? Cops either don't want to spell it on reports or can't spell it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  23. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Irony.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. horninchicago

Just a mistake, but thanks.

25. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Louisiana at one time had the wealthiest politicians and the worst roads in the nation. That's what my grandfather told me when I was a kid. At one time when Huey Long was Governor and later a Congressman he required every state employee who depended on him for a job to pay a portion of their salary at election time directly into his campaign fund, which raised $50,000 to $75,000 each election cycle. Some higher level officials had the portions directly deducted from their paychecks by the state government. The funds were kept in a locked "deduct box" to be used by Long for political and personal purposes. There were rumors that the deduct box contained over a million bucks. Seems that things haven't changed much in the intervening years.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Read "Louisiana Hayride", one of the funniest books ever written. His exploits were incredible, but he kept Louisiana alive during the depression.

While Edwin was no Huey, Louisiana fared very well under him. How have they done since?

The federal government got Edwin & Mr Marcello, and Louisiana went straight to ****.

• Like Like x 1
  27. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

What happened to NO POLITICS on here ?

28. horninchicago

I thought it morphed from talking about LSU and its issues and then mainly jokes, but I could be wrong.

29. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Maji- if only there was a rule against glass half empty here. I can only dream.

30. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

First time I went to New Orleans was in 1966 with my parents and grandparents to see family and have lunch at a restaurant. While everyone was in the restaurant finishing lunch, I went outside to look around. Some guys in suits came walking by and one guy stopped looked at me reached into his pocket and pulled out the biggest roll of cash I'd ever seen, and asked me if I wanted some money. I told him "no, sir." He looked at me with a face that had no extressionat for a second, then asked "why not?" I said "I didn't do anything for you to earn it, sir."

He put his money back in his pocket, and said "I wish I had more guys like you working for me." Then they all continued on down the street. After they got a ways off and I was going back inside, the restaurant's guy at the front door asked me if I knew who that was. I told him I had no idea. Then he said "that was Carlos Marcello." All I could say was "Okay." and went back to the table. Never thought about him again until a few years later when I saw him on TV. That was the first time I had met a Boss of a Family.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Hot Hot x 2