Things you refuse to do

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by El Sapo, Apr 22, 2008.

1. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I refuse to talk to computerized phone systems. I either try to use the numbers on the phone to make the choices, hit zero for the operator, or say nothing at all and keep hitting buttons until it takes me to a real person.

Once I was inside the AT&T store making some changes to my account and they told me I had to use the phone system to finalize everything. I made the sales rep make the call for me, instead. It annoyed him.. which, of course, was exactly the point I was trying to make.

What do you refuse to do?

2. mahone

mahone < 25 Posts

Give my ZIP code at Academy...I don't know why I'm opposed to this. I just refuse.

3. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

I always give the zip code for Del Rio when I goto Academy. I live in Mesquite. [​IMG]

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I have a way to handle both those problems.

For the first I just keep saying, "operator, operator, operator...". Eventually I hear, "Sir, this is the operator". I let them know I hate their computer prompts and ty for taking the call. I take care of business, wish them a good day, thank again and hang up.

Second problem. I just give them my zip and let that be that. My zip? Oh, 12345-6789. Ty, have a good day.

5. capnamerca

capnamerca 500+ Posts

Attend showers. The determining criteria is the presence of any game. If there are games, I'm out. The only one I'll tolerate is a date/time of birth pool for mothers, and only if it's in the presence of a co-ed BBQ party (like my wife threw for some of our friends). (yes, I'm fully aware that's technically still a shower, but it meets my criteria).

Eat mayonaise. It's really the only thing I'll turn food away for.

6. vy2005

vy2005 250+ Posts

Settle down with one woman!

7. sanf81

sanf81 100+ Posts

Post on message boards.

Crap

8. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

I don't give out information at stores. 9 times out of 10, they want to use it to sell you things. That brings me to another thing I will not do: respond to sales calls. I will politely tell the other person that the call is over as soon as I realize what's going on. I do not care if Jennifer Love Hewitt calls asking if she can sell me a new SLK and a evening of her time for $15.99. I hate being cold called, and I refuse to associate with people who give my information away (I am looking at you Volvo of Clear Lake!).

9. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

Related to the grocery store thread...

I refuse to print the bar code sticker for my produce and I refuse to use the self checkout line. Unless the price of groceries is going down, why should I do their job for them?

10. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

My brain is wired to naturally avoid doing the following:

(1) Reply to text messages and e-mails in a prompt and timely manner

(2) drive at or below the speed limit

(3) tip at Sonic

(4) use emoticons

11. 4th and 2

4th and 2 25+ Posts

Live in Oklahoma

12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

13. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

When a store asks me for my zip code or my phone number, I say "I don't have one."

One time I was buying a child's gift at Toys R Us. I was paying with cash. Lady says "what's your zip code?" I say "I don't have one."

She says "I can't ring it up without a zip code." I say "well, we're at a stalemate. I'd like to give you my cash in exchange for that toy, but if we're unable to then I guess I'll go."

She then rang me up.

14. Sgt. Longhorn

Sgt. Longhorn 100+ Posts

I refuse to be blindfolded. Nothing good can come of it.

15. RayDog

RayDog 500+ Posts

Answer calls with the ID blocked.

16. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

drink non-alcoholic beer

drink decaf coffee.

i mean, come on. what's the point?

17. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

When somebody emails me and says, "Call me". WTF, you can't type more than 2 words in an email?
    Choads.

18. GarCiaRia

GarCiaRia 100+ Posts

Purchase a vehicle with dealer name anywhere visible (yes, you Capital Chevrolet) or strip it off ASAP.

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

20. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

21. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

^
    90% of they time they want something that they know damn well they can't have. Like a 2 gigabyte Outlook PST file. [​IMG]

22. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

23. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

Be a fan of a good professional baseball team...

24. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

give money to the bums who direct me into a downtown parking spot.

25. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

Not be in my seat when the band hits the field before a football game!!!

26. Praise of Folly

Praise of Folly 100+ Posts

I never give out my bank account number over the internet or from the phone to pay bills. Not gonna do it.

I have paid bills online, but I got screwed and I had to change bank accounts.

So, never again!

Just send me paper bills and I will write a check. I am never ever again going to put any of my financial information on the internet despite their claims of ~security~.

27. wd40

wd40 < 25 Posts

pay for parking.

pay debit instead of credit. this is ok, since I only shop at big box stores and they can afford it (Mom and Pop can suck it).

28. led224

led224 100+ Posts

I absolutely refuse to shop at Walmart.

29. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Buy anything from telemarketers, ever, as long as I live. That would put an end to them.
    Shop at WalMart.
    Use the services of witch doctors in the Congo.

30. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

root for OU or aggy [​IMG]