This has gotten out of hand

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by PipFunatUT, Apr 5, 2007.

1. PipFunatUT

PipFunatUT 500+ Posts

amen [​IMG] I don't visit other school boards so I like it when aggies or sooners post about their recruits...

2. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

I like to see them post about their commits too, but frankly that's about all I care to hear about from those guys. If I want to read their crap I'll go to one of their boards.

Thanks, Robert.

3. jeccen60

jeccen60 First Time Poster

GREAT, delete the juvenile nastiness, profanity and the like.

4. Orangeblood

Orangeblood 1,000+ Posts

You should be able to delete most of the profanity by engaging the profanity filter in your preferences. Except when people intentionally spell profanity incorrectly.

5. Turd of Doom

Turd of Doom 250+ Posts

I use the profanity filter. I sure do miss having Coach [censored] Tomey on staff.

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Research has shown that people that use excessive profanity are typically poor spellers, so I don't think it is necessarily intentional.

7. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

I agree those that use excessive profanity are usually not very intelligent anyway. It is like does your vocabulary contain anything besides 4 letter words. [​IMG]

8. Orangeblood

Orangeblood 1,000+ Posts

The Recruiting board is specifically NOT a smack board and there are plenty of y'all that have crossed the line in that regard.

Everyone is welcome to post recruiting news, including Aggies and Sooners. Anyone tossing out smack on those threads or pushing them off topic will be warned/suspended/banned accordingly.

These are 16-18 year old kids you're talking about and many of them read these boards (as well as their families).

Also, while posters from other schools can post about commits, remember that this is a Longhorn board. You aren't going to be allowed to essentially recruit in your posts. Take it elsewhere.

9. The Killer

The Killer First Time Poster

I am not sure who is more ridiculous, the typical Aggie and their over the top opinions or the holier than thou posts from people preaching their views of profanity. In any event, as long as we never act like aggies and sooners by automatically deleting their posts as they do ours, let's treat the kids going to any of these schools with the rspect they deserve.