This week's bracketology (link)

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by HuskerNKingwood, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Five Big 12 teams in this week.

Texas a #3 seed in Houston.
    The Link

2. KosherHorn

KosherHorn 250+ Posts

lol... I swear I didn't make my latest "#1 Seed Watch" post after seeing this. Texas at a 3 is good.

Cute matchup btw between Xavier and Ohio State. Matta vs. the team he used to coach for.

3. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

i know this will change a ton between now and march, but joe needs to stop teasing me. imo, this bracket would be about as good as we could hope for. memphis is a damn good team, but i would like our chances getting there, and i can't imagine it much better than in houston.

4. MidTexHorn

MidTexHorn 100+ Posts

That would be a sweet setup, especially since I have two tickets and a hotel room for the Houston regional. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

6. Xavier should have won last year, even with the big man Oden.

X is a good team. I think the Muskies are the better of the two at this point.

7. Stormspencer

Stormspencer 100+ Posts

Looks pretty accurate.

Purdue at a 9 seed is a joke. Their rpi is 87 and they have 2 bad losses to 100+rpi team. There are 8-10 teams I would put in before Purdue.

Even though they are 4-4 against the top 100rpi, I'm not sure BC (rpi 63) should be in the tournament either. That home loss to Robert Morris (rpi 163) has to leave a mark. SC and Kent State are more deserving IMO.

I think Ole Miss deserves better than a 5 seed.

Marquette at a 4 seed is way too high. There are more in 6-8 range.

Texas needs to get their act together. They have a great non-conf. resume, but the team looks a little off at this point.

8. KosherHorn

KosherHorn 250+ Posts

9. I'm not sure Oregon deserves in the tourney either, much less a 9 seed...and that's coming from a fan of a team that beat them.

Oregon has to show me something, or they wouldn't get in my field of 65.

10. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Hard to get too excited until UT starts playing better, I think they need to beat Okla. State on the road.