This years team

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Nov 20, 2012.

1. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

wow, this is an exciting freaking game. gut check panned out, tied at the buzzer. Kabongo is da man tonight.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

This game sure as **** felt great!!! Flat out, they did not quit. Whether it was idiot's horns down or not, they did not quit. They fought, gritted it out and it's nice to get a learning experience from a win rather than a loss.

I am going to feel the elation of this game with unabashed excitement. I like what they are building right now.

3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, what a game! Nice win Horns!!!!

I finally got an upset prediction right. I guess blid squirrels do occasionally find nuts.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

5. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

And special thanks to the sooner player that did the upside down hookem after his dunk put them up by 22 with under 8 minutes left.

6. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

What Third Coast Said.

This is the very best I have felt all basketball season long.

I love to get the win against OU.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

[​IMG]

Drugs are bad, don't do drugs.

And these are the ones that can afford to travel!

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Are you kidding me? This team down 22 points to ou sucks and comes back in overtime to win!

Wow, what win!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I'll gladly eat crow for my prior comment, but to be fair, Jevan Felix had just turned the ball over for an easy alley-oop dunk to put OU up by like 20 when I made it.

Kabongo really took the team over the top in that game. If he had been eligible all year, we're looking at a 18-10 team instead of 13-15. Nearly bubble-worthy.

10. Vol Horn 4 Life

With OSU looming the Horns will probably start the same way but OSU is not OU closing the game with the Horns losing by 10+ points.

On a bright note, I think the Horns win against Baylor and TTU to end the season leaving them 15-16. With one or two conf tourney wins they'll end at best 17-17 and spend the post season at home with family and friends.

For the record the last teams to end with 17 losses were both under Tom Penders in '98 14-17 and '93 11-17. Then it was Bob Weltlich at 14-17 in '87 and Leon Black in '76.

Should we lose to OSU and Baylor and end with 18 losses, well, Texas has NEVER lost 18 games in a season. This could be a record breaking season.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

I'll correct myself. The Horns lost more than 18 games three other times.

12. Vol Horn 4 Life

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Baylor is reeling losing four of their last five and seven of their last ten. This seems to be an evenly matched game so I'll give the Horns the nod at home.

Even though Baylor has owned us recently I'll say we win the game going away by 10+ at home.

14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Last up is Tech. This should be a no brainer winning by 20+. The Horns will end the regular season 15-16 with the conference tourney looming and I think we'll go 1-1 to end the season 16-17. Someone mentioned the NIT allowing teams sub .500, but that would be embarassing. Just another reason for the program to say we haven't missed the post season in many many years. How many years has it been?

15. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I'm fine with this team playing in the NIT. Get these young guys as much tourney type experience as possible heading into next season. Of course it's not the same set-up without neutral settings, but still post-season tourney none the less. Lose and done for year.

16. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I can't see us winning by 20+ in Lubbock on Senior Day.

We aren't exactly "Mad Max" road warriors.
    I would settle for a nice stress free 10 point win with no drama at
    the end.

Looks like the game is for 7 seed in the conference tourney
    as WVU is getting waxed at home by ISU.

17. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I don't think we will be winning by 20+.

Tech leads 37-30 at the half after leading by as much as 17.

18. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Tough win today 71-69 in overtime with a score with 1 sec left! Good job Horns.

A good day for us depressed horns fans, finally. Baseball won with a 2 out 9th inning double, 3-2.

May be I can enjoy a beer once again.

R.J.

19. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Thanks Tech for being so terrible so we could somehow win in
    overtime 71-69.

Hard to describe the ugliness of that contest.
    NIT, NIT, NIT, well maybe.

20. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

21. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Don't feel bad, guys. A win is a win. In a bad year when we have a young team with not a ton of talent, let us just get some wins and keep some bare minimum of pride. Enjoy whatever good days we get. This will also pass. There will be a next year....

22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

23. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"I would settle for a nice stress free 10 point win with no drama at
    the end. "

Beats losing.

24. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

All I can say is thank God Tech was worse at shooting free throws and three pointers than Texas - and that's saying a lot.

25. Vol Horn 4 Life

Guess I was wrong about this one.....but the Horns won. Yay....

Now they play TCU for the right to play KSU. I still expect 1-1 in the tourney.

26. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

0-12 shooting Myck? 0-12? There are many, many things I've gone 0-fer in my life, but it's not every day that I make the same amount of shots as a guy who took 12.

27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Kabongo for sure had " one of those days" and I am glad it didn't hurt the team, in that the horns won

I htink Myck was just trying too darn hard.Probably first time ever for him.
    I am glad they won but I have to honestly admit I thought they would be playing better as a team by now.

I am not even sure they can compete in the NIT but the extra playing time is worth a lot

I won't be buying a Horn NIT shirt [​IMG]

28. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

How sad. 45 minutes since our team won the B12 first round and we got back to 500 at 16-16. But not a single post here yet. Okay, that may be our last win this year, but heck, let's congratulate the horns.

R.J.

29. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Good point. Congratulations to the Horns. Didn't see the game. Box score shows that the bench scored as many points as the starters.

30. Bevo's Buddy

Bevo's Buddy 500+ Posts

I watched the game, although I have to admit I kept dozing off. It just wasn't a very exciting game. It's also hard to stay on the edge of your seat for this team at this point in the season.

The team did shoot well from the foul line (~78%) and better than 50% from the floor. They were somewhat careless with the ball at times (as usual) but played fairly good D in spite of the fact that they let TCU hang around because of too many three pointers.

Julien Lewis played well, hitting 4 of 7 threes. I think he was the leading scorer with 19 pts.

The thing that stood out to me was the graphic displayed during the game, showing the number of Texas players who left as underclassmen over the past 2-3 years, and what class they'd be this year if they would've stayed:

Avery=Senior
    J'Covan=Senior
    Jordan=Senior
    Cory=Junior
    Tristan=Junior

Man, what could've been...

The commentators also talked about how special it was for Kentucky to win it all last year with a bunch of Freshmen...because it just doens't happen. Here's to hoping our Sophs & Freshmen, those who stick around, improve with another year under their belts.