This’ll do it for me

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by nashhorn, Jul 16, 2020.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Trying to pick a fight are we?

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

So, many avatars you could choose from, why was yours a self portrait of Vincent Van Gough for so long? Asking for a friend.

3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Ignore button is allsome, brother! It's great not having to see uphauling posts by certain posters.

4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Your first clue that this was political diarrhea that would only stir up **** should have been the handle republican_patriot. If that weren’t enough the stream of retarded hashtags could have tipped you off. QAnon? Cmon. It’s bad enough we are so tribal in our politics these days but QAnon might as well be flatearthers. But here we are. President clownshoes has made all this ******** mainstream.

5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I like impressionist art.
    Van Gogh is one of my favorites.

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

No.
    I guess it just kind of seemed to fit the whole fake news theme of this post.
    I think too many of us are quick to relate inflammatory information that appears to be nothing more than hearsay.
    Yet it reinforces the polarization we are experiencing.
    I am guilty of it.

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The media has done nothing but create silly conspiracies. Pushing Russian collusion despite obvious issues in the FBI investigation and BountyGate come to mind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SlothHorn

SlothHorn 25+ Posts

^^^
    Correct. I'd just about take the word of flat-earthers over what passes as the media these days.

9. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

But whatever Sean Hannity says is gold.

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The MSM have made constant fools of themselves and their followers over the last few years with their goofy anti-Trump conspiracies. BountyGate was the last one.

11. horninchicago

Wait, does the criticism of the MSM and "journalists" include people like Maddow and Hannity who are unabashed pundits and do not pretend to be unbiased?

Not for me, anyway. I'm talking about the likes of Blitzer and Chuck Todd. So what the hell does it mean to ask about Hannity?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

WM, You are correct. It happend at a Catholic church in Miami along with the statue of Mary.

13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Lenin murdered the Czar's family.

Hitler murdered the Jews.

And before they did it, they demonized them to the extent that all the people's problems were transferred as crimes upon those who were murdered so that the murders, outside the law, were considered justified.

Liberals are blaming white people who do not think in lock-step with them. Innocent white people. They campaign has begun in earnest. There is no consideration of sharing power. It is all about complete power for Liberalism.

There. Is. No. Doubt. About. This.

Beto. AOC. Warren. Sanders. Waters. And many others. The loudest, most extreme in solution have become normalized. And what we are seeing is advocation for anarchy and hatred. There is no plan. Only the destruction of those who stand in the way of full power for Liberals.

I will vote to stop this. I will vote for a balance of power.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

DS,

I hope that is satire.

I am white, conservative, change-resistant, Baptist, wanna continue to be Republican but they make it damn hard. I said when he started campaigning that Trump was a clown. He has proven to be a bigger clown than I thought, but I can't imagine what we have gone through with a Democrat (not "democratic" because there is nothing "democratic" about the democrat party) in charge.

That said, Hannity is an *** kissing clown, who will say anything if the price is right.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. horninchicago

I'll take a "clown" who has done more than most other presidents and removed the US from the doormat, getting walked on by the rest of the world status we have not enjoyed for so long. If that makes Trump a clown, so ******* be it.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Best news about Trump is that he is NOT a career politician nor DC insider

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

SabreHorn, I would also add that he can't be bought off and he does not tell you what he thinks you want to hear. Just ask the media.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

When Ted Cruz was elected, I asked for a few Constitutional Amendments:

1) No one can hold any public office until he has held a real job in the private sector for at least five years, with the number increasing as the position increases in stature

2) Term limits - 3 terms in the House; 2 in the Senate; no elevator rides up and down. You can move from House to Senate but not back down

3) Elected officials must pay Social Security and their own health insurance; no more sweetheart deals

4) Limited staffs and NO retirement

19. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Looks to be a hoax. I didn't think even the NFL could be this stupid.

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course they're this stupid. They're playing the friggin black national anthem with the real one. Is that really less nutty than flying the BLM flag?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I can't wait for the NFL BLM t-shirt giveaway, unless it is for the George Floyd bobble head doll giveaway

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

HIC, I have been in a protracted battle with more than a few here in SoCal on the neighborhood app, Nextdoor. (Yes, what a waste of time.) Talk about a lack of civility and insight.

Regardless, I posted this today in response to a surprising tempered anti-Trump post:

“As I have said before, I despised Trump for most of my adult life, and you provided a few examples of why I felt that way.

Mid summer 2016 my perspective started to change. While this was obviously an imperfect man who said some amazingly stupid and offensive things, I had a binary choice, and the choice became more clear as November 2016 approached.

As I have observed Trump the President, I have learned to filter out as much of the negative noise as possible, and distrust much of what is being said and written about him. It’s sad but my defenses rise up every time I look at the source of the headline and see the NYT, WPP, CNN, MSNDC and the others. I assume a level of spin and distortion, and I have rarely been disappointed. And often, those sources and their stories have been discredited. The bombshell resignation from The Times this week provides excellent context for my skepticism.

A prefect example of the media dishonesty is the hydroxychloroquine “debate.” Trump endorsed its “consideration” and the MSM went nuts, and obsessed over discrediting him. Some of the “more honest ones” have alluded to retractions, but those are rare.

I have studied the HCQ matter deeply, and have canvassed a few highly respected professionals, one of whom has personally sent me more than one supporting medical document. I also know of specific cases.

While HCQ may not be the silver bullet, there is little doubt about its safety profile and efficacy. Sadly, because Trump mentioned it, many in this country were denied early symptom (prior to hospitalization) access to this extremely inexpensive and often effective medication.

Something else interesting happened to me. I began to assess Trump’s intuition. His intuition about almost everything, like NATO, China, Iran, North Korea, the UN, Taxes, NAFTA, you name it. Every time I would doubt him or intellectually question him, it seemed as though in the end, Trump was on to something.

A classic example was his outlandish, absolutely ludicrous assertion that the Obama Administration was spying on his administration. Another was his ridiculous suggestion that he might be smarter than the intelligence community. Nutty things to say, right? Well, it turns out that it wasn’t so crazy after all. They were spying on his admission, and apparently some of those intelligence agencies were complicit.

To a great extent my skepticism about Trump has been replaced with surprise. “How did he see that?” How could he have known that?”

We have an imperfect President for sure. He’s not the first. But if I judge him on substance, not style, I have found very little with which I can disagree.

But....I get what many hate him. Like I said. I was one of them. And frankly, no one will be voting “for” Biden in November. Simply, they will be voting “against” Trump.

I pray that their guy, Biden, loses. We’re at an inflection point in our history. When many with white guilt can embrace the platform of a self-avowed anarchic organization like BLM who genuinely wants to Defund the Police, clearly our way of life is under attack.

Trump’s a fighter and to fight such very dangerous ideas, we need someone like him in the White House. Even with all of his many flaws.”

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  23. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Nobody needs to apologize for Trump. I only care about actual results for my President and Longhorn football coach. I’d grade Trump an A and Herman a B-.

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Grading on a curve?

Trump - ok

Herman - entering his fourth year, which we thought would be our year in the playoffs, he has ZERO conference championships, is 1-3 against OU, has losses to third rate teams, BUT he is 3-0 in bowls. Throw in the mutiny, recruiting, and his actions in both, I give him a "C" and that's being gracious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The budget deficit alone is a reason not to give him an A. And when I say "budget deficit," I'm not talking about this year. I can excuse a big deficit in a crisis. That's what the borrowing power is for. I can't excuse it for the previous years when the economy was strong and revenue was at record levels.

After a good first year, he has become a cluttered mess on foreign policy. Democrats did a laughably crappy job proving their case on Ukraine, so I wouldn't have impeached him over it. However, he definitely did something stupid.

On Covid, he has been all over the map. The narrative that he has handled it worse than anyone in the world and that we shouldn't blame China is wrong and ignores the nature of our federalist system. However, his messaging has been incoherent, and publicly fighting with his own people on it is foolish. He should have let Mike Pence truly take the lead on the issue.

And of course, he has accelerated the departure of suburbanites from the GOP and cost us control of the House and could very easily cost us the Senate this year. And for what? So he can be a turd-flinging monkey on Twitter while he's sitting on the toilet?

He probably broke the law with his Goya pitch. It's not a big scandal, but it's still illegal.

What has he done well? Appointing conservative judges is good. The deregulation is good. Being willing to accept the reality that China is an enemy is good. Dealing harshly with Iran is good. Exposing the media as partisan frauds is good. At least making an effort to secure the border is good even if there was no serious plan to address the broader problem.

He's a B-. Some very good stuff but some pretty bad stuff and lots of needlessly tripping over his own dick for little or no benefit.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  26. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I believe this is what you meant to say?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

So, if we keep the senate or get the House back is that Trump's doing too or does it only work in one direction?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The suburbanites leaving has more to do with 24/7 investigations and constant ********/lies from the media. If the surbanites were worried about meanness and turd-flinging they wouldn't have hooked up with the dems.

Edit- if it's Trump's rhetoric then why did the suburbanites vote for him in 2016? He said some of his worst **** then.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It sorta depends on what the political dynamics are on election day. Right now, the election is looking like a referendum on Trump (good or bad). If it remains that way (and it kinda looks like it will and Trump doesn't seem to mind that) and the GOP holds the Senate or regains the House, then yes, that'll be Trump's doing. He'll deserve the credit for that.

30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Sometimes circumstances have more to do with everything than the person. The coronavirus is helping the dems significantly and if the voters believe this is Trump's doing he'll lose even though it's not his fault.