This’ll do it for me

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by nashhorn, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

BLM has recieved over 2 Billion in donations, I don't think even they can F that up. In other words, they ain't going anywhere. Unless there really is a Civil War.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What isn't his fault? The virus isn't his fault, but his response to it is.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Trump followed the experts advice from CDC and NIH. Half the deaths are in 6 dem states where they placed infected folks into nursing homes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, sorry, it's BS to lay any blame for anything at Trump on this. He finally "acted Presidential" and listened to all the "experts" and followed their recommendations. What am I missing here? He also held the marathon pressers daily, even though he is supposedly such a fascist who gives the media no access, and on and on with the ******** about him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That may be true, but his messaging is terrible. Whatever disagreements he has with Fauci should be worked out behind closed doors so they can be on the same page in public. If he doesn't have confidence or faith in Fauci, he should fire him and replace him with someone in whom he has confident and faith. Clashing with him in public doesn't look good.

6. horninchicago

Clashing with him in private and firing him won't look good either. Deez, you are very smart, but how can you not see that no matter how he handles it, it will be vilified and falsely reported? It will be claimed something nefarious is afoot. It always is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It would look bad at first, but it would be temporary. I agree that the media and critics will trash whatever he does. However, as I've said countless times in the last four years, the point isn't to please the media. It's to please and look respectable to the public or at least enough of the public to make a difference.

8. horninchicago

I normally agree with you, but here I feel he did look respectable by listening to and following the advice, to quote A Few Good Men, the galactically stupid.

9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Trump followed Fauci to the T and it's starting to look like Fauci screwed a lot of things up.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Fauci is a swamp rat. Trump's biggest problem is that he has invited swamp rats into his administration and didn't get rid of enough swamp bureaucrats.

Fauci made his name in the 80s HIV/AIDS scare. He wrote a paper about how millions of people were going to be infected, widely across the population. He sent the paper to journalists and they popularized it. He bypassed scientific journals and peer review. It got him a big name and a big position. He is a know nothing politicians who fooled stupid, wacko New York journalists about AIDS. He is a hack.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Then fire him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What doesn't look respectable is publicly haggling with Fauci. He shouldn't be doing that. It makes Trump look bad.

13. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

upload_2020-7-20_6-52-54.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I would re-qualify this as having "at least tried to start your own business"

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Can anyone see that hat?

17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Trump failed by caving into the pressure to listen to Fauci. Fauci has been wrong throughout this pandemic and continues to get things wrong. He is a political hack out for his own financial gain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Dove, Deer, and Turkey can. I’ll show it to some Mule Deer this year!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If that's the case, then why does he have a job? Trump can get rid of him at any time.

20. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

If trump did that there would be an immediate committee on impeachment convened and Nadler would wet himself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There are calls for his impeachment anyway. Hell, there actually was an impeachment several months ago, and it didn't hurt him as badly as this has. One bad event usually doesn't ruin a politician as badly as the onslaught does.

22. horninchicago

The way he is dealing with Fauci is only made to be bad because of the dishonest media. If they actually did their jobs and called out Fauci, this would be no issue. How many times does it need to be said that if Trump doesn't;t do things ion public to get his point of view across as well as what is actually happening, no one will ever know it because the lying media distorts everything.

I couldn't give a rat's *** if he "should" be handling things behind the scenes. It doesn't matter. Then, he would fire Fauci and be obliterated for it either way.

23. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

honestly.....for me, that is the tipping point....

24. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

One of my degrees is in microbiology.....for anyone to say that a certain plan of attack is going to work when dealing with an unknown entity is ludicrous....throw in idiots (ie oububba) and you have a circus....

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The media will always have a ****** narrative for Trump, because they hate him. Trump can't change that, because not only do they hate him, they really hate the people who vote for him.

However, Trump can significantly change the effectiveness of those narratives. From the very beginning it was obvious and predictable that Trump was going to be portrayed as a disorganized and incompetent buffoon on Covid. However, publicly clashing with your own people and haggling with them is the sort of thing that disorganized and incompetent buffoons do, so the narrative is more effective and believable than it would otherwise be - not because the media wouldn't say it but because it would resonate far less.

Let's suppose someone wanted to convince people you were gay regardless of whether or not you were. If you wore prissy-looking clothes, talked with a whiny voice and a lisp, and publicly French kissed other men, that wouldn't automatically make you gay. A straight guy could technically do that stuff. But would you make your accuser's job a lot easier if you did those thing? Probably so. Same thing with Trump and the media.

And I don't particularly care either for my own agenda, but I do care about political impacts. I don't want Democrats to run the entire government. I want to hold the Senate and at least gain House seats regardless of who wins the presidency. Right now and for the last several months, Trump has made that harder to do, so yes, I care. If you don't care if Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are running Capitol Hill, that's fine, but I think that would be a bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Starting to get the feeling a Trump is throwing in the towel. Just a feeling watching the last few weeks. I know he is trying to read off a written script more but still he would do so with more fire in the past. Don’t get me wrong I still contend if I had been under the constant barrage he has faced over the past four years I would have dropped out long ago. I certainly would not be interested in continuing the scorn another four years.
    Throwing in the towel may be the wrong description but certainly I’m feeling his heart is no loner gang ho - full speed ahead. Cancelling the Fla convention in its entirety is what pushed me to finally conclude my opinion. Just mo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think they are keeping powder dry since no one is thinking about election now. Wait till Labor day.

Also he has re-focused on the rioters and covid, which is where most voters are (and the reason for his dip in the polls of late which is starting to reverse). The election can wait.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I agree. To borrow his own rhetoric, he seems kinda "low energy." Maybe he'll amp it up later like Hammer says, but he at least seems resigned to defeat. He's not trying very hard. Frankly, if his heart truly isn't in this anymore, then he should decide not to seek reelection.

29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Perhaps he has, but I understand how you mean it.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If he did, that would instigate some pretty big chaos. However, I think the delegates would probably be able to comfortably go with Pence.