Thread to discuss teams and games not involving Texas in 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Nov 15, 2021.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Florida has snuck up on a couple of teams this year.

2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Like LSU. The Gators have four Top 25 wins but still not ranked and also tied for 3rd currently in the SEC. They also lost their best player (Lavendar Briggs) who last played January 2. They are playing for an interim Head Coach this season after some serious drama with the previous HC got him fired.

3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Quite a coaching job going on there at Florida by the interim. :e-muscle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yea former Florida player and SEC Network analyst Steffi Sorensen was calling out the Florida Administration last night for not making it permanent yet. She said it’s obvious Finley will be scooped up by another Power 5 school if they don’t. She’s probably right

• Like Like x 1
  5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

OU and West Virginia tied at 78 in Norman going to OT

• Like Like x 1
  6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

OU letting West Virginia without their best player score 99 points has me even more confused about our loss to OU.

This season confounds me. We seem to be what Florida is to the SEC.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Damn. You misled me! I thought OU lost! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

UConn beats Tennessee soundly; so, that hurts our SOS a bit.

A&M comes back from an early to deficit to win in OT at Kentucky; A&M now 13-9 overall, and 3-7 in the SEC. I hate having to root for the Aggies, but we need them to win some more games to make sure our win over them helps our SOS.

As for Kentucky, they are now 9-10, and 2-7 in the SEC. Maybe DeSoto's Tionna Herron will have second thoughts about signing with UK.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

:e-eyes:

• Like Like x 3
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Had no idea that UCONN had to effect a full on cavalry charge in the 4th to make it this close...

upload_2022-2-10_9-26-30.png

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Difficult game for them apparently. They only played six players and one of the starters fouled out (Aaliyah Edward’s)

12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Just a few years ago this place was packed for WBB. Pandemic or no, it’s a big dropoff…

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

LSU has been packing em in (including a nice student showing) all season I heard on the SEC network

I still have high hopes for the new arena bringing in more fans

• Like Like x 1
  14. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Winning matters!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

If you win and play quality opponents get will come. I have no doubt that with Stanford, Tenn., UConn, Unnamed SEC foe, and one other good P5 school coming into town that it shouldn’t be an issue for the upcoming season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I get your point. We are going to UConn next season. Tennessee should be coming to Austin. Not sure if Stanford will be renewing their series with us, especially since we've beaten them the last 3 times in non-conference, I believe.

Luckily, come 2023-24 (I hope), we'll be hosting several marquee SEC foes, and that will begin to re-energize the fan base.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  17. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

(8)Arizona lost to an unranked ASU team and UCLA lost again, they are now 10-8 and were already projected out of the tournament before this loss.

18. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

What’s going on at UCLA? Have they had players out with significant injuries? I haven’t been following their program this season. Cori Close typically has a top ten team and the Bruins in the mix for the PAC 12 champions

19. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Due to Covid issues and injuries they’ve had a hard time having enough players for a game at times so I think they’re pretty depleted

• Like Like x 1
  20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

#6 Michigan falls to unranked Northwestern

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Iowa St just moved up to #6 (their highest ranking in 20 years) and Texas up two to #14.

That sets up a nice scenario for Wednesday …no pressure ISU
    ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  22. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Oklahoma sweeps Baylor and splits with us and the rankings are
    7 Baylor
    15 OU

Makes zero sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

#5 Indiana lost 72-55 at unranked Nebraska.

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The polls are basically about winning (move up) and losing (move down) on a weekly basis.

The NCAA reveal rankings are what it's all about right now; they take into account a team's entire body of work (and that of your opponents), not just the past week's individual wins/losses.

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Tech loses two players to season-ending injuries:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  27. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Big win for NC…

• Like Like x 4
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure if anyone has noticed how well Jewel Spear (The Colony, TX) is doing in her second season at Wake Forest. I know Aston recruited her, but not sure the reasons why she chose Wake Forest; wasn't expecting her to be doing better than Deja Kelly at North Carolina (both 2020 guards out of DFW).

Jewel Spear - Women's Basketball - Wake Forest University Athletics (godeacs.com)

Wake is not having a good season, despite Jewel averaging over 19 points a game. If I could choose one native Texan to come back home and play for us (next season and beyond), she might be at the top of my list.

FG % = .412; 3-pt shooting = 76-203 (.374); FT = 81-99 (.818)

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Alabama defeats Tennessee 74-64

• WTF? WTF? x 2