Thread to discuss teams and games not involving Texas in 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Nov 15, 2021.

1. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Karen Aston won her third game of the season today with UTSA(3-6); after only winning 1 game all of last season, I’d say her presence is already being felt tremendously. Wishing her and the roadrunners nothing but success.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

For the Sea Hag to suspend a player, it's gotta be BAD

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I do not understand poor free throws at the college level. Tennessee would be up 7 if they just made their free throws. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Wow. What did she do? Brush her teeth?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Unranked Boston College up 11 at the half against #25 North Carolina. Pay attention Horns! Never a given…

6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

At the end on 3rd quarter
    Michigan 45
    Baylor 43
    The refs are doing everything they can to help Baylor.... several horrible calls against Michigan as they started getting some separation from Baylor in the third quarter.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yesterday Kansas St defeated Oregon 68-56. KSU's Ayoka Lee dominated the Oregon posts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

The bear guards sure are getting away with a lot of reaching fouls. Egbo camps in the lane too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  9. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Do the refs not get to see all the angles of the replay? That ball definitely off Smith.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Wore green and gold?

11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And, in spite of all of the help from the referees, Baylor STILL hasn't defeated a ranked team this season.
    Michigan 74 Baylor 68 (OT)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Watching KST - and Oregon game. KST playing extremely well. Up 10. Ayoka Lee is the best big in the nation, absolutely dominating. Definitely underestimated them. If this score holds they would be (10-2). Guards look great too. If they can shoot at this level consistently we may have a tough game on our hands.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 512HornsUp

512HornsUp 100+ Posts

I think Aaliyah Boston has something to say about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 512HornsUp

512HornsUp 100+ Posts

Them are definitely great stats, but we gotta keep in mind AB has a more talented team, and has played better teams thus far in the season. I’m sure if AB didn’t have so much talent on the team, her numbers would be distract my higher. Just my humble opinion.

15. 512HornsUp

512HornsUp 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  16. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Yeah, I just shake my head and move on. Thankfully basketball has a tournament at the end of the year to settle any ranking dispute on the court.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 512HornsUp

512HornsUp 100+ Posts

Don’t get me wrong, they have some impressive wins for a very experienced team, but the rankings are so biased towards certain teams (Baylor) comes to mind.
    Let me just keep sipping my espresso and worry about only about my horns. Haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well I’m perturbed the AP moved the Longhorns down from 11 to 12

I told someone after the game I felt like USD actually took away more of a positive than Texas. I’m hoping to watch the replay to see if it feels different but perhaps that’s why texas moved down a spot

19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Currently Baylor is ranked #10, we are #12, and Iowa State is tied for #13. Honestly I think all of the three being ranked somewhere between #10 and #15 is about where they belong at this juncture, with the order subject to change on any given night. All three have had some very mediocre nights, but I think we have looked the best when we've played well. Of course, I'm just a little bit biased. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

For sure we needed a win over Arizona. Also we’ve played 2-3 games less than others. Don’t know how to make that up. Will need to beat Baylor and Iowa State 3 of 4 or perhaps sweep to make a 3 seed in Dance. Schaefer couldn’t get good teams to come to Austin and hung hat on the 4 marquee non-conference game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

I found it weird how we are only playing one game a week in the non conference. We are way behind other teams as far as games played.

22. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Stanford is at South Carolina tonight at 6:00 CST. This will be a chance for them to show that they should be 3rd in the power rankings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

A very good game! South Carolina is really athletic. Stanford had an 18 point lead in the first half and lost by 4.

• Like Like x 3
  24. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Took a look at pre-COVID Baylor attendance vs now as well as pre-COVID LSU attendance. The numbers, very roughly:
    2019 Baylor - 7,500
    2021 Baylor - 5,000

2019 LSU - 2,000
    2021 LSU - 5,000

2019 Texas - 3,000
    2021 Texas - 2,500

Sigh. Texas fans are lame. And yes, this is still preseason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Texas fans need to step up for Vic, I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

LSU beat Texas Tech by 14 points yesterday. Vivian Gray did not travel to Florida with the team for undisclosed reasons.

27. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Agree Racer. But the non-conference home slate doesn't help. I'm confident with the conference games and future move to Moody Center, we'll see a bump up in attendance at Texas.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

The non conference schedule is the main reason for that. Our home schedule is just not entertaining our exciting to say the least. I know it’s not Vic’s fault but when you don’t play ranked or challenging teams fans just don’t want to show up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Doesn’t That 2500 number you quote for 2021 includes season ticket sales. Real butts in the seats is probably closer to 1000-1200? Texas alums are good about buying season tickets but don’t come to many games.

30. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

No the numbers I quote are an "eyeball" view (and mental averaging) of the recorded attendance in the box scores, according to the NCAA.