Ticket prices falling ... fast

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Barton Hills, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

2. joebevo

joebevo 25+ Posts

There are tickets for $500 on craigs but you have to be quick about it. I still don't have tickets but am considering picking a couple at the game. Just be aware that there will be counterfeits out there. I really think you can find them at the game and with the fakes out there, am wondering how that will affect the overall market. Will there be too many for sale thereby bringing down the legit market. Just be super careful.

3. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

if you are scared of buying them at the game just tell them to go up with you to the gate and scan it in front of them. if they are fake then punch in balls asap.

4. Orange Marrow

Orange Marrow 250+ Posts

I just bought 3 tickets for section 9, row 6 on StubHub. When you factor in the service fee it came out to about $800 per ticket, but a) I needed three tickets together (me, Mrs. Orange Marrow, and Orange Marrow, Jr.), and b) row 6 should be good seats (I hope.)

Regardless, no buyer's remorse here! See y'all in Pasadena!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Iantexas

Iantexas 25+ Posts

Cheapest seats on stubhub now are $612 per. There are multiple ebay items with a minimum required bid of $1200 a pair with no bidders.

6. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

7. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

8. coryomfs

coryomfs 25+ Posts

It is a great time to buy if you have plans to be out there anyway. Still some delusional sellers out there, so just keep hunting because there is some great deals.

9. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

I probably overpaid a little last week, but I got just what I wanted. $3800 for four in Sec 2H Row 60 plus a parking pass. I could see my seats this morning right behind Lee Corso's head. [​IMG] I am so ******* pumped!!

10. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

11. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

Good luck, if you're trying to buy BCS National Championship tickets this week. This is the time counterfeiters make their money--fooling desperate last-minute ticket buyers. The cheats know game-day sales have the highest probability of being successful because the buyer either does not have the time or is not in a position to verify the authenticity of the ticket.

12. joebevo

joebevo 25+ Posts

Have them go with you to the gate, record transaction on camera phone. Maybe the guy will have a prior record & can be identified by cops. If you don't want to go that route then post on YouTube for kicks.

13. TxEx84

TxEx84 100+ Posts

Friend bought a student ticket for $475 today. I picked up a single for $500 yesterday. Held out for ~ $500 and it seems to have worked out.

Hook 'Em! See you in Pasadena! [​IMG]

14. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

Ask to see the seller's driver's license and write down all the pertinent information. If the seller is willing to give that information to you he/she is legit 9 times out of 10.

It's funny that someone who totally misjudged how this market would play out and lectured everyone on waiting is now telling everyone to beware once again. [​IMG]

15. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

16. seb44

seb44 250+ Posts

I like how some of these experts have gone from no tickets available on game day to tens of thousands available in the parking lot before the game.

Does anyone have any real information on what Alabama's demand has been for tickets?

17. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

looks to me like the tix in the toilet paper endzone that are comparable to sections in our endzone are selling for about $75 more a ticket.

18. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

Bama was basically as expected. They are buying plenty of tickets, but are unwilling to drive up the prices. I suspect a fair number of Bamans will show up in Pasadena without tickets. There are still several days left to secure tickets locally, and there are plenty of sellers on Texas message boards continuing to drop their prices.

I frankly didn't have the guts to wait until gameday. I was also looking for tickets between the 10's at a certain price. Once I found them, I bit. Counterfeit tickets are always a concern, but this is NOT an easy ticket to copy.

The desperation attributed to buyers will also apply to sellers as the clock ticks down. Meeting cash in hand in a safe place (bank lobby) and copying driver's licenses is a very acceptable level of risk IMO. That's exactly what I did. The post on this board showing what the tickets look like with certain identifiable markings is very helpful. The seller should also have the entire BCS pakage containing the tickets. I would insist on getting or at least seeing the package.

Good luck to everyone in burnt orange. Let's fill this ******.

19. joebevo

joebevo 25+ Posts

I purchased two on thursday for $1,000. I met him at the bank lobby & wrote a check there. He took it to the counter & cashed it after a thumb print & ID check. I still feel confident there will be enough tickets at the game for less. I'm considering even upgrading my seats then. We'll see. Good luck to all.

20. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

21. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

22. 2 Hats on 290

2 Hats on 290 < 25 Posts

I'm really interested to see what the gameday market is going to look like. Seems like on Stubhub right now is really steady, $575 the typical cheapest with several options in the $600 range, not any sign of dropping while total quantities trickle down.

23. mstrat

mstrat 250+ Posts

That said, I bet there will be tickets -ESP on the Texas side available around 10AM the morning of the game.

24. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

Got my ticket off Ebay for $550. Gotta say it's a pretty undesireable location, but I'll be there. If I were still in the market for a cheap ticket and found one sub $600, I'd take it. I hope the Hornfans buying at the game don't get shutout.

25. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

I didn't get as much as I wanted for my pair but I know there are two happy Horn fans that will be in Pasadena and will hopefully be loud as hell. [​IMG] I do know that there are a lot of horror stories out there already. The guy that bought mine was burnt out of a wad of cash trying to buy cheap tickets. I really hope there aren't many more of those stories that are gonna be posted by folks trying to save a buck or two.

26. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

27. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

28. h0rnd0c

h0rnd0c 25+ Posts

I guess the deadline just passed for stubhub because it just went down to 1700 tickets and cheapest in the 640's

29. BeachBumChris

BeachBumChris < 25 Posts

There seem to still be quite a few tix out there and I'm one of those holding out for a $500'ish ticket.

I noticed the Texas endzone is to the right of the Texas bench (low end numbers on the rose bowl map). I'm trying to remember, is the Texas band usually on the same side as the Texas end zone? I'd prefer a ticket near the band [​IMG]

30. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Just got one from ticketcity for under $500 (except for that stupid 22 percent service fee [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] )