Ticket prices falling ... fast

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Barton Hills, Dec 16, 2009.

1. emears

emears 100+ Posts

2. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

I got two at the Andaz Hollywood on Sunset. $600 each if needed. I paid more, but I have two with a group of friends and I need to pay them $600 each. Not making money, I can assure you.

3. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

Prices in the low $500's on stubhub this afternoon, but at this point how would you even get the ticket in time.

4. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

I'm sure the brokers would Fed-Ex to your hotel, for an extra fee of course.

5. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

Tickets now below and at mid 400's on stubhub. Would have been good to wait a bit but there's no way I'd be able to sleep wondering if a delivery servicewould get the ticket to me in time.
    If you are buying at the game, I like your odds. Anyone remember leading up to the 06 game what ticket were going for with less than 48 hours left till game time?

6. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

Tickets to 06 were still $800 at this time.

7. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

Tickets in '06 were well over $1000 two days before the game, and buyers outnumbered sellers 5 to 1.

8. 2 Hats on 290

2 Hats on 290 < 25 Posts

I think Stubhub has a mechanism for Gameday delivery (tent or something) for a game like this. That being said, your credit card will be run today. But you have the SH guarantee, so if it didn't work out, you'd get your money back (but still be SOL for a ticket).

I predict on site sales will be $400 - $500. Although don't forget, many of them will be holding tickets "between the 20's" so they'll try to stick you for much more.

This is nothing like 2006, all comparisons are really invalid.

9. texaszete

texaszete 100+ Posts

Just got in at $315 a piece on Tickco.com, I think it's the same company as Razor Gator and you can get a $20 off coupon if you search online. Fee is 10% as well. I think there are 5 more left at this price, but several under $400.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Do these broker companies send all their tickets out to LA or whatever city the game is in as of tomorrow? That way they can set up their tent or whatever and make sure their tickets are in hand at their own makeshift will call.

Surely today was the absolute last day to send anything overnight unless the person lives in LA or SoCal. (or sent to their hotel)

11. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

2 Hats nails it. This is nothing like 2006 and it hasn't been since the tickets were mailed out.

The doom and gloomers haven't peeked out of their holes since well before Christmas. What happened to that army of Bama fans mortgaging their double-wides to pay $1200 per end zone seat?

You guys really should give up financial planning and go into weather forecasting. You'd love this catastrophic cold front that's about to grip the nation. Insulation prices should be 25-35% higher than 2006 and there will be none available the day of the cold front. Also make sure you're not buying counterfeit or knock off insulation products. It is almost impossible for the stupid and untrained buyer to tell the difference.

Good job to all the buyers that waited and good luck to those making their purchases in Cali. Hook'em !! [​IMG]

12. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

13. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i paid face for my tickets to the orange bowl versus USC.

you see, the problem is that your game was in LA.... kind of like when our game was in NO vs. LSU. that coupled with the long time between your last NC appearance.... and the large texas alumni contributed to astonishing prices.

there were empty seats at the orange bowl and we outnumbered USC supporters.... guessing 2 to 1. location, location, location.

14. AnotherUTFan

AnotherUTFan 25+ Posts

There's a few below face now if you look. Even after fees, they're less than face + Ticketmaster fees. Glad I waited [​IMG]

15. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts