Ticket question: How many have gotten their call & are you happy

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by SabreHorn, Aug 19, 2020.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If you haven't, you will be told where your new tickets are located and ask which option you want.

If you have, how happy are you with the new location?

2. pluckeye

pluckeye 250+ Posts

Our location changed very little. Not material. Happy with it.

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I’m just hoping I keep top row in my section. I like to stand a lot and it’s nice to not have to worry about the row behind me being upset. mom wondering how they plan on handling things like the Terrace club.

4. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Very happy we moved 4 seats, refund for game 6, had a net credit of $72 which we donated to the cause rather than credit to next year.

Very happy with the overall process and communication.

CDC is very smart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

All the tix will be electronic this year thru the Longhorn app on a smartphone.

Will be interesting how people can scalp their tix if they decide to not go to a game.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh dear since I buy my season tickets from the holder (have for past 7 or so seasons) this year is going to be interesting if all electronic.

7. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I have been waiting for this call. I guess my piddly donation puts me much farther down the list than Sabre.

8. seb44

seb44 250+ Posts

I did electronic baseball tickets this year. I think you can just transfer them to whoever you want to pretty easy.
    For baseball anytime I wanted to give my tickets to someone I would bring them up on my phone and take a screen shot of the ticket and text it to them. They would scan the picture at the gate with no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

This will allow them to track who you are transferring to or from. So if they see that you are getting your tickets from the same person every year, they may decide to yank that person's tickets and sell them to someone who will donate more to LF.

They gave me a bunch of bull about why they are doing this, saying it had to do with making it "touchless". So I asked why can't I print my tickets at home then and he had no answer.

This is for UT to keep track of where the tickets are going and make selling your tickets to others harder, make no mistake about it.

• poop poop x 1
  10. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

From conversation this week with Texas Athletics ticket guy:
    - Min 3 seats separation of tix group on same row.
    - Empty row in front and behind
    - Number of tix based on LHF donation amount - Under 10K - 4 tix, over 10K 6 or more tix, no donation or under LHF min($50?) - 2 tix
    - Based on loyality point ranking similiar to TXOU
    - Approx 25% occupancy but reality is 19K+/- season tix holders due to students, band, SEZ construction. 19K /65K = 29% season tix seated.
    - Refund for 6th home game, TXOU at Cotton Bowl 25% capacity so 12.5K tix to be issed based on regular loyalty points formula.
    - Electronic ticketing thru TX Longhorn app (not email pix) of tix for designated gate assignment and entrance access to limit queue.

We have two sets of tix, 4 in 104 and 4 in 116. the 4 in 116 will be refunded as LHF donation under 10K so max 4 tix allocated.

Cutoff amount for tix based on LHF donation will depend on number who choose to attend games.

Go Horns!

11. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

not really happy, moved from Section 105 to 103.
    Also, can not remember how the seat numbers run. Are seats 30,31 in section 103 nearer 102 or 104?

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

On the line with 104

13. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Not too bad a move.

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Did you get moved higher? Lower?

15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hate it but you are probably right Phil. We are a perfect example of what you’re describing. We have been buying them long enough to be paying the holder the old lower donation amount for NEZ section.

16. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

Lower, just 3 rows

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

20 rows up in section 107, which is very close as the crow flies to my original seats (row 50 in section 8).

I was told OU game is currently at 50% but it could change. Also, I asked if they would change DKR-TX Memorial to 50% in November if Governor allowed it. Said no. No changes.

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

MC,

Chris recently said that OU would be 25%, meaning we would only get 12,500 seats. Did I misunderstand or did things change?

19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow Mc moved you from lower section to upper deck? I’m worried now.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

In all likelihood my info is wrong. Maybe to square this, CDC is presuming 25% though it is not official yet.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

True, but I was 20 rows from the top in bottom section (shady) to now 20th row in top section. Probably better viewing angle of the field. At least I stayed in same corner as I park in San Jac garage. I like my old seats because I am close to the section 8 entrance/exit, which is very near the men’s bathroom and concessions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Giving up the shade might be tough depending on game times. The view from the west side deck was always my favorite but if I gave up the NEZ perks wife would make life miserable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

You must be very close to me. I am Section 8 (used to be 8U), Row 65. Seats are always in the shade and out of the rain.

• Like Like x 1
  24. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Those marketing guys are creative I’ll say that for them.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

At OU, the cut outs would be horns down.

27. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Premium charge applies

28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I would think they could put out the game time for UTEP by now.

29. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

CdC said today that they were still working on time and network.

30. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Still waiting on the call??? I don’t have a good feelin bout this. CDC email said there were still 14k calls they were working through but I might have to just give them a ring myself.