1. BUYING OR SELLING TICKETS ON THIS FORUM

If you are buying or selling tickets via the Swap Meet forum, read this post first.

This forum is for listing tickets to UT athletic events only — sales of other items or events is prohibited.

All logged-in members may post new threads in this forum as well as reply to, edit, and delete their own threads.

Tickets that you can't sell.....just a thought

Discussion in 'Swap Meet' started by yelladawgdem, Sep 17, 2015.

1. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Having had the same season tickets for 31 years I have had A LOT of tickets that I could not sell or have enough time to get them to a Scout unit, school, etc. Several years ago we played Arkansas here in a game that was rescheduled because of a hurricane. I had three extra's that I knew were of no value and I was walking by the band building. I found someone that looked official (dead tired and with a blazer), and asked to find some band parents that did not have tickets and to give them to them. I have done that a few times since then with a single and a couple of times with three. I cannot tell you how may times I had one of the parent's tell me that they had only seen their child perform in the LHB once or twice because they simply couldn't afford a ticket to the game. Apparently it is far more common than I would have thought.

Just a thought. Don't leave them in your pocket. Make a memory for someone. You will be making one for yourself as well. Hook Em.

:cowrose:

• Like Like x 3
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Great idea, Dawg, thank you. I will try to get there early and go by their area across from Law School.

• Like Like x 1
  3. yelladawgdem

And that my friend is why We're Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I never thought about band parents. Cool idea!! I've given mine to the Wounded Warriors in the past.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I made two trips over to band area Saturday, asked around, no takers. May try again because it was a zoo with the alumni band there.

7. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

That's a really awesome idea. If that doesn't have any takers I also know a cash-strapped AISD teacher and UT alum that would love a discounted rate to take them off your hands.

<---------------- :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

How many do you need?

9. TheWalkingHorn

I was looking for 2, but I could make one work. :)

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I won't know til later. I'm using two, my son may use 2 or 4. If you get a good deal, take it.He may tell me tomorrow and he may tell me Saturday morning. I'll let you know as soon as possible. Chances are probably 80% he won't go.

11. TheWalkingHorn

Thanks for keeping me in mind, Sabre. I appreciate it! :)

12. yelladawgdem

Sabre - Hope that you your daughter is doing welll as she heads to round two on the 28th. Keep The Faith. Be Strong. And Hook Em.
    :texasflag:

• Like Like x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks. The doctors believe that it is gone and this is a "cleanup" operation. It is a 7 hour surgery starting at 7 Monday morning. She will miss OU, but may be back in her seat for K-State. Her outlook is significantly better after last week's surgery.

Thanks again

• Like Like x 3
  14. yelladawgdem

I'll make sure she gets a ticket stub if we win!

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts