Tiger coming to Houston?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rtchorn, Jan 24, 2008.

1. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

On the radio this morning, they said Tiger had committed to play the Shell Houston Open.

*edit: I thought I heard them say this on the radio, but I can find a link to confirm, so maybe not.

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

That would be ******* awesome. I will be out there on Thursday if this is true.

3. groundss

groundss 100+ Posts

The Chronicle reported this morning that Phil committed but I hadn't heard of any word from Tiger.

According to Tiger's website, he is not scheduled to play in the SHO...but I hope this radio report is true. Woods, Lefty, Els, et al would definitely draw a good crowd.

4. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

the schedule of tournaments is a little jumbled up this year compared to the past. so houston is the week before the masters, which means they will have a good field, lots of international players getting warmed up. however, i would be very surprised if tiger plays that week, he almost always takes the week off before a major tournament and practices at home in orlando. could be different this year, but i wouldn't expect him there.

5. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

Tiger won't be here if it is the week before the Masters. No chance.

6. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I agree. He will be practicing for the Masters only and will probably be on sight by Monday getting practice rounds in.

7. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

That would be AWESOME, but if it is the week before the Masters, I agree that there is ZERO chance. Heck, Tiger would probably skip his own tournament if it was the week before the Masters. [​IMG]