Tiger's upcoming Press Conference

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by smwhorn, Feb 18, 2010.

1. BMBMD

BMBMD 100+ Posts

For the short term, golf-specifically the American PGA tour-needs Tiger more than Tiger needs golf. I would advise him to move to Asia, play the Asian tour, sign multi-million endorsement with Asian companies, win the British Open every other year for the next fifteen or twenty years, and never grace a PGA tourney again. Let Ernie and Jasper and Rory and the boys compete for the suddenly decimated purses and Tigerless majors. Seems ironic to me that two who actually stood up for him were poor old John Daly (with skeletons of his own) and arch rival Phil Mickelson. Oh-and he should never again speak with the "Golf Writers of America" or whoever those pansy *** pricks were who boycotted his statement this morning. Let 'em interview David Duval.

2. ChazUTX

ChazUTX 250+ Posts

3. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I think I am not really the Golf fan I thought I was. I have not watched as much as one second of the sport since Tiger has not been part of the Tour. When he was injured I watched as much as when he was healthy. I wanted to see who was going to take advantage of him not being there.

Now that he is out for other reasons with no set return I have not one molecule in me curious or wanting to watch. I don't even bother listening to results. He makes the Tour and it needs him. I may be in the minority but surely the numbers are down.

What he did does not affect me or how I would handle myself in a relationship. He has to make things right with his wife, family, friends and her people. That will take a lot of work and I don't think I have ever dated anybody who would ever let me slide if I did what he did. Not a single one. Forget the fact it was all over the various forms of media, globally.

I hope Tiger comes out and dominates like he usually does. If he is truly sorry and Elin truly forgives him I hope the best for them and mostly their children.

6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

7. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I don't know what it is about that guy, but he always comes across as a douche. Why guys like him ever get married is beyond me.

8. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

I agree with HornHuskerDad 100 %. Tiger is a manipulative, arrogant, self-centered egomaniac. I did not believe a word he said (other than it pisses him off that the press is following his wife and kids around), particularly when he stopped and paused and looked at the camera. Maybe I'm wrong. I actually HOPE I'm wrong and that I have misjudged him. If he truly meant the words he spoke, then good for him. I can only say that I didn't believe him when he was saying them.

9. GigoloJoe

GigoloJoe 250+ Posts

All I can say is that I really DID think it was authentic, as I stated above. I didn't think he was faking it. And I am a guy who has never really cared for Tiger. I have always liked Lefty because he comes across to me as a real guy, whereas I thought Tiger was so guarded and hard to warm up to.

One fifteen minute statement will not do it, of course. Tiger will have to follow through and become a new man over the long term. All I'm saying is that yesterday was a good first step, if he meant it.

10. longtex

longtex Guest

Tiger Woods means f**k all to me (unintended double entendre).

I could say the same about golf, too. You ask me (or even if you don't) it's the most expensive way there is, to ruin a perfectly good walk.

The only time I really enjoyed a game of golf was in East Anglia, on a course just off The Wash, that only had grass on the tees and greens and everything in between was hummocks about two feet high with some scrubby **** on top and hard-packed rocky sand in between, with a wind whipping in off the North Sea about forty miles an hour. No carts, no caddies. The enjoyment was more about the quart of weesky we each brought with us - mine was a Balvenie (powerful good stuff). By the fifth hole we changed the rules a little bit, to a primitive version of Speed Golf, where you got to hit the first ball you came to, and whoever holed out first won the hole... I'm pretty sure we got the entire course played, although I don't recall the scores. The winner was supposed to go home with all four quarts, but they were all empty by then anyway. Ron's wife was pretty angry about having been traded for a mashie-niblick that I found in the closet at my rental flat... but she was only angry with him, which is why she went home with me. Thank god she could drive a car.

The only reason I played golf there at all is that the Brits didn't have any bowling alleys back then and I can't stand all the running around you have to do in tennis.

Screw golf - bowling's the game. It don't make a **** how bad you miss, you don't have to go hunting, you just stand right there and THE BALL COMES BACK TO YOU.

11. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

12. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts