Time Warner Picks Up LHN

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by CanaTigers, Aug 30, 2013.

1. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

I guess they needed something to replace CBS

Time Warner

2. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

That's great. Hook'm !!!!!

3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Maybe that will put a little pressure on DirecTV to follow suit.

4. horn123

horn123 500+ Posts

great news , now it's big time. [​IMG]

5. runner

runner 100+ Posts

About damn time

6. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Not big time till DirecTV or Comcast pick it up.

7. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

Isn't TWC the largest cable provider in the state of Texas? Now with FiOS, U-verse & TWC all on board, they've got just about every significant market in Texas covered except for Houston that is anyway. [​IMG]

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

This is going to provide a significant boost in exposure. I live in one of those areas where TWC is just about my only option, so this is great news.

9. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

YES, YES, YES, YES

10. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Congratulations Time Warner and welcome.

11. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Good news for TWC customers. Suddenlink here still has no plans for it in Amarillo. Maybe DirectV will follow. I've got it in our motorhome.

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

it's up and running! [​IMG]

13. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

This is huge! Look at the numbers and TWC finally came around on the day before the game.
    Too bad I switched to ATT in Jan...
    [​IMG]

14. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I'm watching it. It's glorious! [​IMG]

15. thorny

thorny 25+ Posts

BabHorn are you actually watching lhn on twc now. it's not on where i am yet and i'd appreciate confirmation that someone somewhere already has it turned on. did you have to sign up for any additional programming package to get it?
    thanks

16. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Thorny, I am looking at it RIGHT NOW.
    The Link

The link will tell you what channels in your area.

17. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

You have to have the extended sports package. It's included.

18. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

19. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Biggest thing is that every restaurant / bar / pub in town can televise the games.

20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yep, watching it now in HD. I do have the sports tier but I have no idea if you need that or not. It's $8.99.

21. Third Coast

22. Third Coast

Mine just went live in Austin a few minutes ago.

TWC customer support is a madhouse tonight as one might expect, but I finally did get through after about an hour wait. They confirmed that it is available with the extended basic service - no premium sports tier required. All areas aren't getting it at the same time, so if you don't have it yet, be patient and it should be up shortly. It's on channels 444 (std def) and 1593 (hi def) in Austin.

23. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts

Yes, the release says extended basic package. Unfortunately, the release seems to indicate this is just in Texas. It would be nice if us Tex-ExPats in other states could get it at least in the TWC SportsPass package.

24. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

It's on in Oak Hill. Texas!

25. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Channel 910 up here in baja Oklahoma, aka: McKinney. Thanks Time Warner, and to heck with any bars where I thought I'd have to go to see the game. Now, I can get nicely saturated here at home.

26. thorny

thorny 25+ Posts

mine is now running on a cable box. unfortunately i've not yet got it going on the cable card system i usually watch and record on. fwiw a person at tw said to me earlier today that thing about paying for a sports tier. apparently not true. mine is working without it. perhaps it is different out of state.

27. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

29. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

I didn't have the channel, so went online and subscribed to the sports package which seems to have turned it on. Maybe it was coincidental, so I'm going to be watching for some clarification from TW.

30. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Glad to hear my long-suffering friends finally have it, especially the evening before the season opener. (I've had it on Uverse).

It's just so much dang fun to watch it whenever we want to.

[​IMG]