Time yet for GOP unification? endorsements?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Summerof79, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

So do you all think the die is cast and over the next week politicians in the GOP begin to fall over themselves to endorse McCain, or do they wait until after Super Tuesday?

Clearly the power brokers of the GOP have been waiting for a horse to break from the pack and I think that McCain largely did that in Florida. Rudy and Huckabee are toast so their votes are now up for grabs and everyone likes to drift towards the horse that's ahead (generally). I also don't know whether the exit of Hackable and Rudy means those votes transfer to either McCain or Romney, I think Rudy's could split evenly and that Huckabee's supporters will have to hold their noses for any of the remaining choices. So I am unsure about their viability and dependability in the general election.

So is this the rally week for McCain? If you are a politician and want to curry favor with your parties leadership and you think McCain has the edge wouldn't you step out and perhaps endorse as early as possible now? Especially if you could influence a super Tuesday state?