Tinkles Updates

Discussion in 'Classics' started by Scipio Tex, Nov 29, 2000.

1. Scipio Tex

Scipio Tex 100+ Posts

Here are some updates from Garvin, Ketchum and Emfinger.

Garvin: The Link

--

I finally was able to talk with All-State OLB Tinkles the Bullmastiff at his guardian, Mr. Minkowitz's house.

DG: Hey there Rambling Wreck!

Tinkles: Who dis?

DG: This is David Garvin, you know, from Rivals.

Tinkles: You that ****** who keep callin' my house all ******* day? Got my mama so upset she been poopin' in the house and the ***** has been houstrained for years. Mr. Minkowitz been hittin' her with the paper.

DG: Eh...ahh...I just wanted to ask how your trips to A&M and Georgia Tech went.

Tinkles: A&M a bunch of *******. Don't talk to me about no A&M. A lot people been tellin' me they got my ball and won't give it to me.

DG: OK then. Did you like Georgia Tech?

Tinkles: It was tight. They kept telling me I was a good dog and scratching me and whatnot. Tinkles feels that his athletosity would be appreciated there. People dropped lots of food on the floor in the cafeteria there too.

DG: So, let's set the record straight on A&M once and for all, what happened there Rambling Wreck?

Tinkles: Quit callin' me goofy nicknames. How did you get my number? Anyway...A&M. Buncha drama. Goofy *** coach who look like an overgrown Smothers Brother all mad Tinkles parked his Landrover -- I got from my "uncle" -- in his parking spot. I say to him,"Keep talkin' to Tinkles like that, I'll have you parkin' in handicapped." My lip all quiverin' and ****. RC all like "I don't want none" and I'm all like,"Rub my belly then, *****."

DG: So that's all that happened?

Tinkles: Naw. Later, I told C-Rod that I was going to take his J and that he was a nice LB.....for me to poop on! He bowed up, so I dominance humped his ***. One *****, many faces....know what I'm sayin'?

DG: No, not really.

Tinkles: I don't give a damn what you think anyway. By the way, how the f**k you gonna give Tinkles only four stars? Talkin' 'bout "He needs to use his hands more to get off blocks" -- Tinkles got no motherfuckin' hands!

DG: Right. Sorry. Anyone lead?

Tinkles: Tinkles will not divulge that information at this time. Just know that academics are very important to me.

DG: Thank you and bye.

Ketchum's post from LoneStarRecruiting: The Link
    --
    Hay guys, I takled too Tinkulls about his recrooting and it is close. Vary close. He did not like his trip to A&M, because of sum incidence their. Good pleir though. anyway , but I still like Derreck Johnson better for reasons of "intangilebales."

From Emfinger: The Link

Wow! WOW!! And WOWWWWWW! Let's evaluate! 6.883!!! Off the charts! Tinkles is a gamer with INTANGIBLES who reminds me of a combination of Gary Hogeboom, a parking meter and a pterodactyl!!! He's a gutty gamer, a team leader and has no frills attached! I have him rated as the #6 Drop Linebacker with Hip Dyplasia in the U.S.A!!! His favorite team is BAYLOR!!! Tinkles has no weaknesses in his game except for his temper and the fact that he's scared of THUNDER! Despite his intimidating DEMEANOR, Tinkles is very playful and a practical JOKER! He ran off with my hair in the middle of the NIKE COMBINE!!! Fantastic!!!!

2. rpongett

rpongett 100+ Posts

3. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy 25+ Posts

Outstanding!

I was hoping Garvin would get to talk to Tinkles' mother -- you know how smooth David is with the ladies.

"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
    -- Johnny Rotten, Jan. 14, 1978

4. TheHoss

TheHoss < 25 Posts

Scipio, I think everyone would appreciate you keeping us fully informed of any developments in the recruitment of Tinkles. FWIW, a source deep inside of blow u told me that the have offered a lifetime supply of milkbones and pig's ears.

5. Y2J Compliant

Y2J Compliant < 25 Posts

I understand that Lemming has been on the phone with Tinkles urging him to "Stay. Stay! SIT!"

------------------------
    "Did you know dogs and bees can smell fear?"

6. Damn! You killing me Scip!

But where is that master guru Tom Lemming?

7. Teutonic Exile

Teutonic Exile < 25 Posts

thanks for the laugh.

8. DrJ

DrJ 25+ Posts

I believe Garvin has him as only 4 stars because he favors Bull's teammate, Gotch Yarbowbow a little more.

9. jnecakes

jnecakes Guest

"Hay guys, I takled too Tinkulls about his recrooting and it is close"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

If you read Ketchum, you know exactly why that is funny.

Cakes

"Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich härter." ---- Nietzche

10. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

I've got it from a pretty good source that wherever Tinkles goes, there will be an awful lot "under the table" shall we say. I'm not as close to the situation as Scipio, but my source is a good one. I look for an SEC team to get his services--Tinkles that is, not Scipio's. This one will be messy before it's over; I'm just glad we don't have to play against him four years. Has an attitude and can back it up.

11. MSF Horn

MSF Horn Guest

I know he is supposed to be gifted athletically, but I hear he never makes plays.

Hook 'em

12. thisnthat

thisnthat First Time Poster

We need a bounty:

Surely we could take up a collection and buy a shitload of beer for the first person
    to get their "Texas Likes Tinkles" sign on tv at the Holiday Bowl, couldn't we?

13. Scipio Tex

Scipio Tex 100+ Posts

DIMYH --
    Holy **** that's funny! Thank you.

Any person who gets a "Texas wants Tinkles" sign on ESPN is nothing less than a legend.

14. kchorn

kchorn 250+ Posts

We all know that when you're the No. 1 prospect in the nation (on some lists), there are going to be rumors flying. A good friend who is a professional fisherman told me this one yesterday.

Reportedly, Tinkles has taken an "unofficial" visit to Miami where his assistance was enlisted in the "spontaneous riot" that helped shut down the Dade County recount. Afterwards, Tinkles was shown around campus by his "informal host", D.J. Williams, who apparently has convinced Tinkles that his future is at fullback (rather than LB).

The University of Texas coaching staff remains interested and, according to informed sources, Tinkles has been advised that if he comes to Texas, he will be given the opportunity to play FB for the Horns.

And Tinkles is not worried about carrying the ball from that position. "I'd rather block than bite," he was quoted as saying by a Houston Chronicle sportswriter.

Publication of the Chronicle's story on Tinkles came as a complete shock to the paper's readership, since the article included a reference to the recruitment of a football prospect by the University of Texas.

A newspaper spokesman explained that when the interview with Tinkles was initiated, the paper had no idea he was considering UT or they would have followed their normal policy and ignored the story.

"But so many people are interested in this damn dog," the Chronicle spokesman continued, "that we felt like we had to run the story even though it did include a reference to UT football. Trust me, if Tinkles goes orange, that will be the last time you hear about him in this newspaper."

By the way, Jerry S. reports that Tinkles has a picture of Worster on the wall in his kennel, and that the Horns have the inside track assuming Tinkles can't read faxes.

Edited by kchorn on 11/30/00 03:28 AM.

15. BRAGGonUT

BRAGGonUT 25+ Posts

Badhairpiece.com - Now, that is a riot. My contribution: brillopad!!.com

16. UTOPIA

UTOPIA Guest

Tinkles has now revealed that the "RC didn't offer" line turned out to be nothing but spin due to rumors of Tinkles no longer considering. The Link
    He and Reveille apparently exchanged harsh words after their evening together, as Tinkles was quoted: "Whaddaya mean just another Sleeper?!" ..."Looks like they've already got too much Bull around here...and they can't even fill their needs for Shepherds!".

17. Turn the page, Fred

Turn the page, Fred < 25 Posts

Excellent job, Scipio.

18. Stanley Dink

Stanley Dink First Time Poster

Can someone please inform me why Tinkles, a Bullmastiff, speaks in ebonics?

19. 86Horn

86Horn 25+ Posts

His ebonic bark is worse than his bite?

The Orange Conspiracy--from the outside, you can't see it, from the inside you can't talk about it.

20. 86Horn

86Horn 25+ Posts

Rumor has it that he has real potential as a receiver out of the backfield. He's been practicing Frisbee Toss since he was 1.

Plus, when he scores a TD, he celebrates by burying the ball.

The Orange Conspiracy--from the outside, you can't see it, from the inside you can't talk about it.

21. HornStar

HornStar 100+ Posts

RC didn't offer.

22. This **** is funny!

The Link The link for "how the mind controlin began"

23. kchorn

kchorn 250+ Posts

notre dame. (texlawrence)

24. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

Texas 100 has generously provided us with the only photos that show Tinkles true size by measuring against Tommy "the yardstick" Mace...

--
    Hook 'em Horns

25. kchorn

kchorn 250+ Posts

Holy Chicago - move over, Dick Butkus.

Tinkles obviously is the real deal. Hope he's a Horn.

26. Girlie - that was freakin' hilarious.

he committed to oklahoma freakshow. Not that he lives in oklahoma, and I am the idoit.

27. SouthernGent

SouthernGent 100+ Posts

That is some of the funniest **** I have read in a long time. You recruiting gurus shoulda brought this to our attention on the football board. Excellent work!

28. Thanks Girlie for the photo--LOL! Now I understand why Tinkles is so highly regarded. Just look at the size of that pup-and he's got room to grow!

Also I finally see that resemblance to Gary Hogeboom. Pure stud.

29. greggym

greggym < 25 Posts

Has Mack scheduled his in-kennel visit yet?We need Tinkles badly.I think that I need to right now just thinking of him in burnt orange.Tinkles in a burnt orange kennel.