Tivo Desktop Plus?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Hellraiser97, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

I just updated my TivoToGo from 2.3 to 2.5 since 2.3 decided last night to corrupt itself and stop working.

Anyway, I saw that they now have Tivo Desktop Plus which costs $24.95 and allows you to download and convert files to MPEG-4 or h.264.

Since I watch a lot of stuff on my Zen, this sounded like it might be a bit smoother than what I do now. Right now, it works like this for me:

Download (which takes forever)
    Rip off the Tivo protection stuff, which only takes a second, but is a pain to do over and over
    Conver to DivX, which takes a while.

Anyone know how this Plus stuff works? Does it convert it to the new format as it's downloading? Does it still have the Tivo protection crap?

Thanks

2. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

Glad to see that 2.5 works with Vista now. I haven't been able to use it since I got my new pc.

You have to convert your files with the tivo software to get them to work on an ipod from what I have read, so I would bet you have to do the same thing for the other formats. 24.95 gets you a software key to unlock the conversion features of the program so I doubt it adds anything that would convert the recording to another format while it was being transferred to your pc.