TJ trade rumors

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by VinceFord, May 31, 2008.

1. VinceFord

VinceFord 100+ Posts

2. Mr. Longhorn

Mr. Longhorn 250+ Posts

Although teaming up with KD would be sweet, having both Texas stars in the state of Oklahoma would be the suck. I would be pushing for TJ to go to New York. Mike can have the Knicks turned around quick and TJ would flourish in that system. Toronto may be asking for too much, but since they are already coming out saying that they want to keep Calderon, teams know that they want to trade TJ and will take what they can get if this hasn't been resolved towards the end of the summer.

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I agree - he needs to end up with the Knicks.

Of course the Knicks could trade their entire team to Seattle (or whatever town they are in on the road to OKC) for KD, and KD, TJ and three spares from the playgrounds of New York would be a better team than the Knicks that played this past season.

4. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Rockets? Please!

5. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

I also heard he could be Wade's wingman with the Heat if they don't draft a PG.

6. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Tj and Wade would get owned on the Defensive end by big backcourts.

7. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

8. gdavis

gdavis 250+ Posts

I'm voting for either Portland or Atlanta w/ NY 3rd.

9. Jeevsie

Jeevsie 100+ Posts

10. VinceFord

VinceFord 100+ Posts

Hoopsworld speculates that TJ for Maggettee is one of the three most likely trades during the offseason.

3 most likely trades

I would not be too excited about the possibility of TJ going to the Clipps. However, if Brand doesn't opt out, they would have some potential with Brand, Ford, Thornton, and Kaman

In another rumor, a blogger for Newsday.com speculates that TJ will be the Knicks starting point guard next year:

knicks blogger

11. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

NY would then probably have the smallest point guard tandem in NBA history.

Both the Knicks and Clips would suck....but out of the 2 got to say NY.

12. VinceFord

VinceFord 100+ Posts

I have seen more rumors suggesting Cleveland as a possibility.

link

Initially, I was really excited about the possibility of a TJ with James and Boobie. But seeing how James dominates the ball so much, I'm not sure if it would be a great fit. However, I presume, James' domination of the ball, is something the Cavs want to change, since they have been looking for a pg seemingly forever.

If he were to end up in Cleveland, it would be interesting, and definitly more successfull in the short run than either NY or the Clippers. Oh, and he would actually play in nationally telivised games, which would be exciting.

13. Benjamin

Benjamin 25+ Posts

I think adding TJ and then someone like Elton Brand would be exactly what Cleveland would need in order to be a legit title contender. I don't know how much caproom they have, but if they could do this I'd put them as the favorites to win the East next year.

14. VinceFord

VinceFord 100+ Posts

a ""reliable"" source says TJ's going to the Pistons. This is probably the least credible rumor, but by far my favorite.

link

15. Roy4President

Roy4President 100+ Posts

16. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

That would be a crazy trade. A trade may be in the works but I doubt it goes down like that.