To All Jeff Fisher Appologists Out There

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Namewithheld, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

If he gets fired this year and goes to another team, how long does he last with his pathetic coaching ability? He WON'T find another owner that has the patience of Bud Adams.

Jeff Fisher is a whiny girl! [​IMG]

2. Psychopharmahorn

Psychopharmahorn 250+ Posts

I used to like him, but I hope he gets canned. 0-6 last year, his disparate treatment of Collins and VY, and his team plays like thugs. Please, Bud, do the right thing and fire fisher!

3. jcz

jcz 100+ Posts

I don't know about "whiny girl", but he's certainly as overrated as they come.
    This is his 17th season as HC with the Oilers/Titans. In all that time, he's been to the Super Bowl once... and, other than that season, he's won a staggering two
    playoff games. In 16 seasons.

That's remarkable, almost Aggie-level postseason futility.

4. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

IF he gets fired (and I would be tempted) it will be because he cost Adams a shitload of money by trashing an expensive commodity. He richly deserves that punishment for economic reasons. He has logical/arguable reasons for not using Vince, but none for trashing him. Vince is still problematic, but Adams probably owes him more money than Fisher and both Fisher and Vince can be replaced in a beneficial move for the team.

5. 97chh36

97chh36 100+ Posts

6. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

What Finnegan did today - starting a fight and then laughing as he got ejected - was indicative of the Tennessee Titans. They are the most penalized team in the league. I have watched them routinely make stupid penalties without regard to how they hurt their team. Last week in OT it cost them the game.

A team is a reflection of its coach. Jeff Fisher is a man who cares more about his protecting his ego than winning. So it is no wonder many of his players act the same way.

He needs to be fired if Tennessee cares about winning, which right now I am doubting.

7. 97chh36

97chh36 100+ Posts

It's obvious Fisher wants to be fired, therefore Bud isn't going to do a damn thing! Remember the Houston situation-he(Bud) likes this kind of ****. [​IMG]

8. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

If Fisher gets fired, I'd expect him to get hired somewhere else in the league pretty quickly. He'll flame out in 3-4 years like most mediocre to bad coaches do now days, take a year or two off to do broadcasting before moving on to college where it's easier to terrorize and play mind games with the players and he'll be content to finish 7-5 or 8-4 every year as long as he's touted as one of the "best coaches in the game."

9. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

The Link

10. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

I know Jerry Jones wants him, Carolina wants him, Cinci. wants him. There is nothing wrong with Jeff Fisher. If Fisher can work for the ******* Bud Adams he can work for anyone. I think he is a very good NFL coach and he has the history to back it up. The Dallas Cowboys have won 1 playoff game in the 2000's. We will take Fisher in a heartbeat.

11. i don't like him at all but the objective analysts out there say he would be snatched up in a second and i've heard several people including john mcclain say that jerry jones loves fisher and would snap him up if garrett doesn't work out.
    as long as he's not the texans coach i won't care.

12. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

13. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

14. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Look at the coaching carousel over the last 20-30 years in the NFL.

Just because the guy could get a job easily in the NFL if he gets fired doesn't mean he's worth a damn. Look at all the coaches who've been rehired over and over that sucked.

As for his history that shows he's such a great coach, what is it?

15. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

16. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Fisher is the most overrated coach of all-times. His only superbowl was helped by a questionable call on a kick off called The Music City "Miracle." It took a miracle for him to get there. If I coached a team to the superbowl it would be a miracle. Me vs Jeff Fisher = even. [​IMG]

17. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

18. gmcb81

gmcb81 100+ Posts

19. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts

Hey leave warrior alone, he knows Jerah, and the the other owners obviously. [​IMG]

Warrior are you Fishers cousin, agent or wife? I mean you have done nothing but defend him and every time someone brings up his record you never reply. Come on man, defend him with something other than 17 years. I have seen lots of people work for 17 years, but they still ain't worth a d**** at their jobs.

By the way warrior I have been in Nashville this week and listening to talk radio and most of them are extremely tired of Fishers act and want him gone.

20. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts