To hear people gush about Tebow....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by That's Right, Dec 6, 2008.

1. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

You'd think VY was chopped liver. "Best leader in CFB history". "No one has ever carried a team the way Tebow has carried his team." "Best Qb in CFB history." "My number one pick if I'm starting a college team." OK, so Tebow is a slightly better college passer than Vince was, and a far inferior runner, yet he is God. I can just hear Wilbon in my head right now screaming that the only reason Tebow gets all this credit is his skin color. Wheteher or not I agree with that, WTF??? It seems VY is already forgotten by CFB fans and media.

2. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

Oh yeah, and didn't Tebow lose twice as many games last year alone than Vince did his entire career?

3. StuckInMemphis

StuckInMemphis 25+ Posts

Didn't they show a stat during the game that showed that Tebow was 0-for-5 when trailing at the half? Now it's 1-for-6.

When the game's on the line, no one was better than VY.

4. Bevo-Stevo

Bevo-Stevo 1,000+ Posts

His total game stats were like a 1st-half for Colt. Crazy even to compare the two. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Post USC game report. Saunders sympathetic to Texas re: BCS. Flutie said Colt for the Heisman. James said "in the balance" for his Heisman vote, which means I think he picks Bradford or Tebow the way he was talking.

6. BMBMD

BMBMD 100+ Posts

It is hyperbole. Fine quarterback, fine team-histrionic announcers. Some things never change.

7. senorfrog97

senorfrog97 < 25 Posts

completion % anyone?

8. yourlordarileus

yourlordarileus 250+ Posts

makes me sick.

Tebow can do all the fist pumps, chest bumps, etc but he will never be VY. One win while trailing in the 4th out of 6 tries. Give me Vince [​IMG]

9. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

As we have progressed through this season, I think it's become glaringly obvious the pimping that goes on with networks and their booth, studio panels and on-field reports. It started 3-4 years ago with the rage over USC, and has not let up.

PS. On the pre-ABC show, Doug Flutie just said Sam Bradford is "one of the best quarterbacks I've ever seen play football."

Amazing.

10. llanoflash

llanoflash 25+ Posts

tebow will probably vote for Colt...

since he is such a good dude and all..

11. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

This is just a sign of the times. Our society has become What have you done lately? For an old guy like me it makes no sense but it is here.

12. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

You know, I like Wilbon and all, and while i have always disagreed with him when he played the rcae card:

On the one hand you have a guy who went 30-2 as a starter, won a MNC as a starter, beat the greatest team of all time, was a 2 time Rose Bowl MVP, first ever 3000/1000 guy EVER in D-1, despite sitting out 2 and a half whole games worth of game time because our defense was so damn good, and also went 30 of 40 passing in the MNC game.
    This guy is also black, and has been the subject of heavy media criticism for having "mental problems" and owning a gun, and partying in a bathing suit.

On the other hand you have a pretty good college QB who has scored oogles of points for a big time coach and put up amazing numbers, but has also lost many many games and is not known for his clutch play. This guy is a well-known uber Christian white guy who every mom wishes would date her daughter.

Perhaps there actually is something to this......

13. cajhorn06

cajhorn06 25+ Posts

Fox Sports did a "Best of College Football" show this year. For best QB they broke it down into 3 categories: the arm, the legs, and leadership. I know VY's arm was not considered to be great (mostly based on his style), but I was pissed when they didn't give him any love for his legs or his leadership.

They talked about the legs of Doug Flutie, Tommy Frazier, and Steve Young. Apparently they have forgotten all about VY's 200 yard rushing performance that won the MNC.

For leadership they touted Roger Staubach and Matt Leinart [​IMG] . I guess VY giving the entire team a confident swagger and changing the attitude of the coaches doesn't mean anything. But Leinart insisting that his team was better after VY and the Horns beat them, now that's leadership.

14. hornsmadeinchina

hornsmadeinchina 25+ Posts

All Tebow did to Alabama was what McCoy did against OU. He helped beat the number 1 team.

If anything, McCoy beat the better team. I just hope we win our bowl game and maybe even hope that OU wins the national championship. We're used to beating the best, but no one gives us credit. If they win, I can't say they had a better season than we did.

15. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

That's bullcrap cajhorn. [​IMG]