To the right, March!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by huisache, Nov 6, 2020.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Trump lost because he is obnoxious and in over his head. Republicans outran the top of the ticket almost everywhere. We got a Red Wave.

Most state legislatures are in republican hands as well as governorships. They will re district after the 2020 census and democrats can forget about taking the Texas legislature for another ten years.
    Biden has no mandate and a bare majority in one branch of congress. And the Dems in the house are fighting already over the incendiary reds in their midst

And as a fan of gridlock, I am well pleased

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Where were you during the Obama years?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I never voted for him either. I have higher standards than 140,000,000 of my fellow citizens

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

At least you are consistent

5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Sadly, if Trump would have delegated his twitter feed in 2018 and accepted scientists and acted like the President's that you see on TV he would have won by a landslide.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

******** -the left is simply filled with low testosterone people with crappy childhoods.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I think if just hadn't poo-poo'd the masks thing, i think he would have won. He could have portrayed that as a reasonably simple thing to do to mitigate the spread. That would have been enough for many.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Tell us precisely what you or Biden would have done differently that did not have the concurrent effect of killing the economy?

We have people worrying about 'cases' now because the reality is that the sniffles are not the fatal diagnosis they were when the olds were being foisted upon nursing homes by Cuomo.

Remember, when the WaPo article about Sturgis came out, they demonstrated the 99.7% survival rate in the current climate- 330 cases with one fatality. ONE!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Trump did follow the scientists. Listen to Fauci's interview with Mark Levin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He didn't even have to fully accept the scientists (whatever that means). I think he could have made the case against the lockdowns that some scientists made because of the economic and social costs. However, what he never understood is that masks and social distancing were actually part of the case against lockdowns. Instead of ridiculing them and letting them turn into a dick-measuring contest, he should have endorsed them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Any kind of a plan that involved moving forward together with eyes wide open would have been good. Also Senators not dumping stock s/p briefing and then telling everyone that things were fine would have been nice. I'd be curious to know the market changes that the Trump organization made around 2/1/20. Kelly Leofler not only dumped the bad stuff but picked up the good stuff.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yeah, I'm not totally sold on her winning her senate race. I don't know that she did anything illegal, but it looked dirty. I still think the GOP will hold both, but I'm more confident of Purdue winning than Loefler.

13. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I think both candidates will win but I'd give Ossoff a better chance. The Reverend doesn't seem as strong a candidate which is why he was only able to hit ~35%.

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It was Burr that is being investigated. Loefler apparently had no control of her equities.

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The Rev was in a jungle primary, so he had several Democrats siphoning of votes. None took huge amounts, but there were a lot of them.

I agree that Ossof is the stronger candidate. However, I think the Rev has more to work with. Loeffler got where she is by banging her boss to get a big promotion. (If I give Kamala Harris **** about Willie Brown, I can't give Loeffler a pass for doing something similar.) She did marry him and then threw his money around in politics and got herself appointed to a Senate seat with no meaningful experience or support from voters. Then she bought and sold stock in a way that at least looked like she exploited information she gained as a senator to make a big return. To be fair, she was cleared, but it looked slimy, and she got where she is largely through sliminess.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It could be totally legit, but it looked slimy. It's a little like when a politician blames his super PAC. If a Democrat did the same thing, I'd give him **** about it.

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Cleared? For whatever reason I could see her losing and the other guy winning. That said, Ossoff has been handing him his Arse in debates.

18. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Ossoff looks like a twerp though, which is why he may, may only barely make a run off. He's 4ish points down in the latest polls.

The Rev was arrested, it was exposed today, during an investigation into a child sex abuse scandal at a camp he was running, for interfering with the investigation. Plus he's a big cop de-funder, so while Loeffler is not a good candidate, she has a weaker opponent than Perdue.

• Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020