TOGETHERNESS THIS WEEKS HYPE VIDEO THEME

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Oct 25, 2019.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Reminds me of when I hear about people who go to job fairs and the HR people say their resume' looks good but they need more volunteer experience. Forced volunteering.

I mean, either a team gels and has chemistry or it doesn't, right? Wow, maybe Herman isn't kissing them all enough. Jeebus, a theme?

And we make fun of A&M...

3. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

If we had managed to beat OU, none of this would be happening.

Its a shame that losing one game, when there is so much left to play for, would drive the team apart instead of together.

That said, Rod Babers said on his podcast that Kwame Cavil once told him that "A little forced enthusiasm can go a long way. Whatever you have got to do to get up for the game."

I believe that.

So if they have to fake it to get up for it, do it and beat the hell out of TCU. Then come together for some genuine togetherness and do it again next week if you have to.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. horninchicago

@Detective Shilala I normally agree with you, but I just think this sounds lame, desperate, and embarrassingly Aggie-like.

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The thing is I watched many vids during aug practice and early games where I thought there was a genuine feeling among the team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i think people disagree with it when they want to be angry and dissatisfied and not have it pushed under the rug. it's fair. some people want their opinion validated when it seems warranted to criticize.

but, that does't mean that the team shouldn't be trying to be positive. the fans are NOT the team.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

I don't think that video has a thing to do with what ya'll think it does. It plays toward what Herman has preached from day one....Thats it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Give credit. An attempt, although a bit feeble, is no less an attempt at positive motivation. I hope it works.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

This stuff nauseated me. The rah rah, team, “we love each other” crap. The Tony Robbins stuff. Sorry, but I don’t buy it.

Team chemistry cannot be orchestrated regardless of what Herman believes. To do so smacks of phoniness.

I do believe that Herman is the right guy for the job but some of his methodology turns me off, and it probably does to some of the players as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. horninchicago

I clicked Agree, but I'm not sure I agree with his being the right guy for the job. Seems to be regressing. Hope I'm wrong.

11. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I think it provides a sharp focus for the game and the team. Play for your teammate, not statistics nor some other obtuse goal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. horninchicago

Does anyone else not get that this should just be kept in the locker room? Can anyone here seriously say he wouldn't be laughing if A&M put out something like this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

HIC,
    We almost let OU beat us twice. Texas was flat in the KU and OU games most of the time. Has anyone heard if Green and Sterns are playing tomorrow? That would help. And 4 man fronts using LB’s to help pressure the QB on the outside. QB pressure is all that’s really lacking compared to last year. We solve that problem (get some injured players back)
    and we’ll be in Dallas for the CCG.

:bevo:

14. horninchicago

Can't disagree, but the video is still embarrassing.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This was meant as much for recruits as the current team. However, the distribution should be been directly sent to the recruits with the current team watching together.

• Like Like x 1
  16. horninchicago

They could have saved a lot of money and borrowed this from "Odd Squad". Yes, I have a nine year old...

17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

For pity sakes 5his is what coaches do, but I think it should stay in the locker room till after the game.

• Agree Agree x 1