Toilet Etiquette

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by hitbyatrain, Jun 20, 2007.

1. hitbyatrain

hitbyatrain 250+ Posts

Let me set the groundwork here. I work in the capitol, and instead of being forced to use the public restrooms with the tourist crowd, we have access to private, one seater restrooms at the end of each hallway.

However, even though I am sharing access to the restroom with a small group of people, some jackass is always peeing on the floor, or the seat--and that's disgusting.

Now, there's nothing I can do about these guys effing up the restroom, except to mitigate the possible damage by always leaving the seat UP, instead of down, as has been branded in my brain by every woman I've ever met.

Mind you, there is no urinal in this restroom, only a porcelain throne, so it constantly is asked to pull double doody. (Get it?)

Is it wrong of me to leave the seat up, to keep people from peeing on it? Any other suggestion? I'll hang up and listen.

2. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

3. goofybevo

goofybevo 250+ Posts

4. WooHorn

WooHorn 250+ Posts

Nothing wrong with leaving it up in a public john.

The reason I always remember for the "lid down" rule at home was a woman sitting down without looking (groggy at night I guess, or just out of routine). No issues with that in a public john because I guarantee you that the women I know scrutinize that situation every time.

5. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

I would print out a message and post it right above the urinal.

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

"We aim to please.
    You aim too, please."

7. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

The same thing happens where I work. I also put the seat up to avoid it being covered in piss as much as possible. I don't understand how someone can piss all over the place and not bother to clean it up.

8. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

I've got bad aim. That's why I sit, even if it violates the "man code". Plus, that way I don't have to trust any farts that try to trick me.

9. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

10. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

11. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

Do what we did in college, put a sign on the ground telling the person to pee in the toilet. I'm sure Rick Perry will be more careful next time.

12. hitbyatrain

hitbyatrain 250+ Posts

I think Gov. Goodhair has his own. I'm looking squarely in Tom Craddick's direction.

13. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

14. diverdown

diverdown 100+ Posts

15. hitbyatrain

hitbyatrain 250+ Posts

16. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

It's a Republian dominated ledge, so how about "God hates people who pee on the floor."

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

How about, "Piss on the floor makes your daughter a *****"?

18. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I ordinarily would recommend a ruling from the parlimentarian, but Craddick would just fire them until he found one that said it was constitutional for him to pee on the seat and the floor.

19. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

Paint the inside of the bowl with a picture of someone that would entice good aim.

20. Vicerous

Vicerous 100+ Posts

This thread is greatness... wonderful start to my work week [​IMG]

21. Dogbert

Dogbert 500+ Posts

I will never understand why people pee on the friggin' seat. Unless they are juveniles they have no excuse.

It may not be too hard to figure it out if you try a little. Our office is large, but if anyone pulls that kind of stuff we usually figure it out pretty quick.