Toneil Carter to transfer....

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LousianaHorn, Dec 14, 2018.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Good Luck to the young man. His speed and elusiveness added to my excitement about the unexciting 2016 class.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I was never sold on his abilities. He's a decent reserve RB, but not the guy that can tote the load.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

not surprising considering how little playing time he got this year. wonder if any other RBs will also transfer out seeking more playing time.

Best of luck where Toneil ends up.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

SFA has a new coach and the cupboard is pretty bare

SWT also has a new coach, but I'm not sure about the talent left behind

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Watson won't be around next year so there's plenty of room for PT. It's not like after one promising season Ingram has guaranteed 30 carries/game for the next 3 years. Daniel Young could be in line, but he's very been up and down and hasn't locked down anything. Kirk Johnson may never be healthy. Kyle Porter may transfer, and doesn't look likely to get many touches even if he doesn't. Jarrett Smith may be in the running, but he wasn't highly-touted and I'm not sure if he's even on scholarship.

So basically, unless we have some new super freshman coming in, I would expect Carter or Young to be splitting carries with Ingram next year if they had all stayed.

7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

That article is from Sept

10. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

And he is still a commit that obviously some didn't know about.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I just doubt he's such a sure-fire day-1 guy that he would have been much of a factor in Carter's decision to transfer vs stay.

12. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I completely understand Toneil's decision to transfer; after a season with O carries. Best of luck to the young man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Yes, zero carries is nearly the equivalent of asking a young man to leave the program. I guess technically he transferred.

• Agree Agree x 1