Tony Jeffery

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by nebhorn, Jan 1, 2008.

1. nebhorn

nebhorn 25+ Posts

I forgot to bring it up after the game, but was I seeing right, was he on the sidelines during the Holiday Bowl with a headset on? If so, when did he start coaching at Texas and what is his responsibility? If not, then there is someone who is a dead on image of him that was there coaching. I don't have the game on DVR because I forgot to set it up before vacation. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Hook'em [​IMG]

2. Matterhorn

Matterhorn 25+ Posts

You probably are referring to Joe Walker, he's a former player as well.The Link

3. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

Matterhorn that link doesn't help w/o a pic. I too saw TJ or his twin on the sidelines with headset on. Was wondering the same thiing.

4. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

5. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

yeah it definitely wasn't that guy.

6. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Pretty sure he's a GA. Go back a couple of pages on this board - there was a thread about TJ right after the game.

7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

8. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Someone brought this up in an earlier thread and it made me curious. I could find no mention of Tony J. om Macks website. Not saying he wasn't there, but there is no mention of him as an grad assistant.

9. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

10. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

11. Owlhorn

Owlhorn 500+ Posts

I saw Jeffery on the sideline too

12. longhorn19

longhorn19 < 25 Posts

Tony is a receivers coach. I talk to him every now and then. I work with a guy that went to high school with him. Even spoke with him regarding coaching as I was considering it for awhile.

13. GunsofNavarone

GunsofNavarone 25+ Posts

Due to our alarming lack of end arounds this season, I would say he has little influence on the play calling.

14. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

15. nebhorn

nebhorn 25+ Posts

Thanks for the replies everyone. Still curious when he became part of the staff. Must be a late addition because no site has him listed as a GA, yet. Good luck to him...glad to see him back involved in the program. He wasn't a huge big name receiver like Williams or Sweed, but he always went out there every game and gave 100% and never complained.

16. GrahamCracker

GrahamCracker 25+ Posts

He has been coaching since last year, 2006. My source is Tony himself as I have hung out with him quite a few times at the Bennigans on Riverside.

17. PatronSaint

PatronSaint 25+ Posts

Jeffrey was never fully appreciated for his humorous poses during Longhorn touchdowns.

[​IMG]

He can usually be found in the background "stayin' alive" a la John Travolta

18. netslave

netslave 1,000+ Posts

According to Linked In he's a quality control assistant.

19. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

20. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts