Top 10 Moments of the Little Debbie Era.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by horngrad03, Nov 7, 2007.

1. 007 373 5963

007 373 5963 100+ Posts

2. naked_bongo

naked_bongo 500+ Posts

3. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

So many moments to choose from, so little space for it all. Bravo Horngrad03!!!
    [​IMG]

4. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

Raise up B/CS has got to be in there somewhere also.

5. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

******* greatness...... [​IMG]

I'd include last years loss to OU(or Neb?) by 1 point when the 12th man was on the field...priceless...

[​IMG]

6. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

My personal faves:

1. The actual eating of the Little Debbie vs. Texas State. The fact that they were playing Texas State in the path of a hurricane and having such a hard time with them, combined with the guy holding Fran's glasses in a ziploc bag, and added to Dennis eating a snack cake on the sideline is the stuff Aggie traditions are made of. Gold, Frannie! Gold!

2. Standing in the lobby of the team hotel in L.A. on the morning of 1/1/05, talking to Frank Denius as the Cotton Bowl raping was being shown on a TV right beside us. We were both a little surprised.

Long Live Coach Fran! May he ever reign in Aggieland! [​IMG]

7. rfeem

rfeem 25+ Posts

Re: The Clemson game. Don't forget that Clemson was only able to kick the winning field goal because Dennis made the Frantastic decision to kick the extra point after Aggy had scored a late TD to take the lead. a 2 point conversion would have given them a 3 point lead--but instead he chose the one-point kick, which put them exactly in the same position that they would have been in if they hadn't succeeded with a 2 point converstion. Decision making at it's finest.

8. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

9. vy til i die

vy til i die 100+ Posts

i really am going to miss him. [​IMG]

10. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Hard to pick one, but one of the many Texas Tech beatdowns would have to be on the list somewhere.
    Elevating Tech to the third place position in the Big Twelve south should count for something, and Frantastic deserves all the credit.
    And who can forget the stirring, epic come-from-behind victory over Army in San Antonio? That's the stuff from which legends are made.

11. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

Can we add pictures?

77-0:
    Fran Cakes with the score

Baylor:
    [​IMG]

Texas 2003:
    [​IMG]

Holiday Bowl:
    Desmond Howard pic

Torbush Game:
    [​IMG]

Cotton Bowl:
    [​IMG]

Listeater:
    [​IMG]

Iowa State:
    [​IMG]

Clemson:
    [​IMG]

Us:
    [​IMG]

Thanks Stat and TGG

12. homer

homer 500+ Posts

Why do we have the Vince Lombardi (NFL) trophy, and not the BCS trophy presented by ADT?

13. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

14. Lonestarman

Lonestarman 100+ Posts

[​IMG]

Was this in '01 or '02? Could have sworn this happened during the Fran Era of dominance.

15. ferrariparty

ferrariparty 250+ Posts

One of my favorite moments that hasnt been mentioned was in the 06 Nebraska game when there is a sideline shot and the ref tells Fran something and Fran angrily reponds in a high pitched voice "I do this every weekend, sir!" I was laughing so hard after hearing that. i nearly lost it.

16. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

17. Ballaholic

Ballaholic 25+ Posts

I would have to add the fran photoshop thread with the MWC champions sign.

18. AeroHorn

AeroHorn 25+ Posts

How about Fran donating million dollars? How does he feel about it now? [​IMG]

Fran crying and bawling about something. I forgot the occasion.

19. Surfin_Horn

Surfin_Horn Guest

11. Fran's News Letter

20. Stormspencer

Stormspencer 100+ Posts

21. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

listeater will forever been an epic story.

22. Gate_of_Horn

Gate_of_Horn 25+ Posts

I was wondering about the GAP kid too. I wasn't sure whether that was R.C. or Frantastic.

Man, if you go beyond the Fran years and look at the aggies for the last decade...

23. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

I would drop "12-7" and add "The VIP Connection." Otherwise, a Frantastic list. 5 stars [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

25. SAMaverick

SAMaverick < 25 Posts

Guys and gals, we have gotten plain spoiled by dear old Francakes.

I for one have gotten so used to aggy misery, so addicted, that it was only after reading this list that I realized just how rich the last few years have been.

Aggy will always suck, but we may never have this much to laugh hysterically at, for a long long time. As I raise my glass tonight, I'll be toasting Fran.

Thanks for the the memories, "coach."

26. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

I celebrate his entire catalog

27. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

28. sinless1

sinless1 500+ Posts

One vote for POOP FLINGER!

29. Tums

Tums 100+ Posts

Anybody still have a pic of the empty (except for burnt orange) Kyle Field during the 4th quarter of 46-15?

Also, I think 40-29 belongs on the list, since the crowd was 1/4 burnt orange @ Kyle. In the history of our rivalry, no visiting team ever owned the stadium like we did that day.

A few of my friends and I will be contributing to a repeat of that in couple of weeks.

30. aflatoon

aflatoon 25+ Posts

I would put Iowa State at #3. The Ags were off to a 5-2 start and within sight of a bowl eligibility. They lost a close game to K-State the week before. Texags motions to start a letter-writing campaign to boost the team's focusness.
    End result? Todd Blythe has 8 catches for 200+ yards including 4 TDs. The Ags skid to a 5-6 record.