Top 10 Moments of the Little Debbie Era.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by horngrad03, Nov 7, 2007.

1. aflatoon

aflatoon 25+ Posts

2. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

The Jolley Dance during 77-0 was so ******* aggy. When that happened I laughed so hard that I nearly puked.

Fran, we're gonna miss you ol' buddy. Maybe he'll land at Nebraska so at least his shenanigans (franinigans? [​IMG] ) will remain in conference.

3. Valdemsi

Valdemsi 25+ Posts

i loved the listeater

4. M C Orange

M C Orange 100+ Posts

Thanks for the Memories <tear>
    [​IMG]

5. Fatcat Alum

Fatcat Alum 100+ Posts

I can't believe you left their yearly beatings by Texas Tech off the list. From the blowouts in Lubbock, to the close wins by the Pirates in College station, from Corps Turds squeezing their nuts on national TV, to "sometimes a pirate can beat a soldier" (and this was in the same game!) nothing more vividly illustrated the concept of cognitive dissonance than the Ags' yearly measuring stick shortcomings vs. Texas Tech. Their little Agricultural brains can never fathom how a self proclaimed Top 10 program with facilities, fans and $ out the wazoo can keep losing to Texas Tech.

6. crimsonlonghorn

crimsonlonghorn 100+ Posts

Gap Kid was in 2001, which was RC's next to last year, I believe.

The Link

7. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

8. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

It might not be top 10 worthy, but an honorable mention has definitely got to go to Fran's spectacular coaching job against Army in '06!

9. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

FYI - the downed bonfire photo is from early 90's, when the bonfire stack fell down. My buddy even has a shirt with this picture with the tagline, "What's the matter, can't keep it up?"

It is not the photo of the '99 bonfire tragedy (which, demonstrated by the previous collapses, was forseeable).

10. crimsonlonghorn

crimsonlonghorn 100+ Posts

11. Ampoliros

Ampoliros 100+ Posts

I LOVE that picture of the yell leader hugging McNeal, while McNeal has that "just get it over with" pissed off look on his face. GOLD.

12. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

In all the years, I think those two home losses last year in November to Nebraska and OU were the most telling and damaging.

Regardless of all the struggles to get something started under Fran, those two games were to be THE STAND that was to be taken to put that program into an elite competitive level.

The ensuing 12-7 victory over the Horns with a banged up Colt was not even enough to offset those two absolutely disappointing losses.

Win those two games, with a chance to take the Big 12 title, and a lot could be forgotten, and a different '07 might have ensued.

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Someone requested the 46-15 pic with Cedric flexing?

[​IMG]

14. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

15. CenTex Horn

CenTex Horn 25+ Posts

In reply to:

16. HORN 1985

HORN 1985 First Time Poster

As we kept standing out there, people kept yelling, 'Beat the hell out of the list-eater,'" student Micah Gertson told KBTX-TV of Bryan and College Station, Texas. "As she's up there talking, people started throwing doughnuts at her."

That was pretty funny. I saw visions of listeater getting pelted by donuts as the crowd shouted "beat the hell outta listeater"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Samhain

Samhain < 25 Posts

Bonfire photo was in 1994.

I was supposed to go to bonfire that year with my hot *** neighbor who was a senior in HS and wound up going to A&M [​IMG]