Top Juco Player

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by orangehoops, Jan 17, 2008.

1. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

I wonder if getting a blue-collar bruiser from the Juco Ranks is an option for us? One that I've been keeping watch on via the NJCAA.org site is Danielle Adams. A McDonald's All-America candidate in high school, Adams is a 6'2" freshman forward averaging 27.5 ppg and 13.4 rpg for an 18-1 Jefferson College team which boasts a #8 national ranking in the NJCAA Div I polls. Jefferson (located in Hillsboro, MO) is about 40 miles SW of St. Louis which is defiinitely in Big XII territory! I know that some Juco players come to four-year schools after their freshman seasons. Does anyone know the transfer criteria or guidelines for recruitment of Juco freshmen?

Adams' bio from the Jefferson College website (sounds like a good player) :

Danielle Adams
    Class: Freshman
    Height: 6'2"

Without a doubt, the most talented player Coach Emerick has ever coached. Danielle can play any position on the floor. “D” is difficult to defend in the post, can run the floor, run the point, and shoot it from the arc as good as anyone on the team. She is very dedicated on improving her game and has unlimited potential. Her athleticism, both inside and out, brings versatility to the Viking’s squad and is key on picking up where last year’s team left off. A graduate of Lee's Summit High School, “D” was a McDonald’s All-American nominee, WBCA Honorable Mention and an All-State selection.

2. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

Hmmm... more about this player from KC Keys AAU website:

Danielle Adams
    MVP Missouri Valley Girls - 4 Years
    Signee - University of Missouri
    Most complete girl's player to don a Keys Uniform!
    Lead 3rd Place team 2006 AAU National in scoring and rebounding!

scout.com profile:
    girlshoops.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2676212

Looks like Cindy Stein almost had her at one point!

3. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

OK, posters, send that link to Cathy MacDonald, or better yet, to Mickie DeMoss....

At least they can see what is going on...and what ya'll know, which they may not..

She sounds a bit like a taller Stacy Stephens, and we have not had a true post since she left...

[​IMG]

4. alfalfa

alfalfa < 25 Posts

Hmmm

U of M listed her at 6' 1" when she signed. Hoop Gurlz had her at 6' 0" and ranked below both of our freshmen. Don't you find it odd that after signing with U of M she's at a junior college?

5. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

not the first time a player has ended up at a juco after signing with a DI school. can anyone say sheryl swoopes?