Tottenham Hotspur '09-'10

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Laphroaig10, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

This is like bizarro world. A mostly humdrum summer transfer period; one of the big $$ buys actually contributes, and we start out with a win.

Modric was amazing out there today, and if Keano had been on, this one was a route on the scale of the other North London-Merseyside matchup this weekend.

2. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

The team only needs/needed tweaking. We have probably could do with a few key positions filled, but overall the team I hope is quite solid. Based on the 2nd half of last season when we turned things around.

Good result today, but only game 1 of 38.

3. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Just game one, but already more points than the first 8 last year.

4. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Hat trick for Defoe; 5-1, top table.

5. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

im uncomfortable being top of the league.

6. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

How good is Defoe going to be this year?

7. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

8. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

9 points now, though the onslaught of attacks by Carlton Cole concerned me. We had no real answer for that guy at all.

9. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Suck it, Obama!

10. Hornin Hong Kong

a lot to be said for not haveing to scrum around in the UEFA cup - it will pay dividends in 40 days

11. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Totally agree, HIHK. IMO, either us or city will break through this year (maybe both) b/c we've got depth and don't have midweek cupties in Moldova to interfere with things. Liverpool doesn't have a lot of depth, is digging a hole, and has CL to worry about. Arse look strong right now, but even Arse Shaven is saying they're thin and need to buy.

12. Hornin Hong Kong

We will always have this as well:

[​IMG]

13. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Both my teams won this weekend, HiHK! Yay...both, as in the two teams I root for because I root for two. Two is the number, not three, not one. Four is too many. Two is the proper amount.

14. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Talk about snatching points at the death. Lennon did the same thing vs. Arse in 'Arry's second game as manager last year.

15. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

crappy luck for Modric

16. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Yep. I think Capello put Bowyer up to it so that Modric couldn't go for Croatia against England next week. Either that or Birmingham players just love to break Croat legs.

17. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

As big of a loss as Modric is...the prosepect of just serving up big crosses to Crouch excites me. Set pieces are lethal with him in there.

18. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

True. I wasn't thrilled with the purchase of Crouch, but he had a hell of a week, and needs more minutes. Even with Modric healthy, a change up top was needed to add a bigger target (and b/c Robbie is struggling).

19. Hornin Hong Kong

I cant believe I'm saying this but the Man U match is huge now rather than a foregone loss.

Ill be there

20. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Been a while, but I'd say today's a good time to resurrect this thread. Today, Spurs became the first team to score 9 in Prem play since Man U vs. Ipswich in 1995. With the side finally getting healthy again, it appears we weathered the injury storm nicely, to still be in 4th at this point. Hopefully Modric can make the trip to Villa Park and we can get six points clear of the Villains.

21. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

Remember that time on Oct 24 2009 when Stoke beat the Spurs?? That was awesome. [​IMG]

22. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

....but they still have to go home to Stoke.