tourney...

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by mb227, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I guess I was little surprised that there had not been much discussion about potential match-ups. And, admittedly, nothing will be completely determined until the horn sounds in the OU-A&M game.

If my imprecise view is correct and we can pull off a win tonight, it would seem that we get to play Colorado at Noon next Tuesday, quite possibly for the right to play Baylor in the second round (I am expecting BU to handle OkState on Thursday night). Howeverm if Colorado gets beat by Missouri, then we might have another game with Tech.

With a win, I believe that the difference between the #7 and the #8 seed is dependent on who wins ISU and Nebraska. I'm anticipating an ISU win which puts them at 8-8 with Nebraska and leaves us in the #8 seed.

All of my quick pencil-whipping has been based upon the final game presumptions that: KSU beats Kansas, we beat Tech, ISU beats Nebraska, Colorado beats Missouri, Baylor beats OkState and that A&M beats OU. Both Thursday night games have direct bearing on who gets the bye in the first round...

At the moment, A&M seems to be the juggernaut that I would prefer our squad be able to put off until the finals. If the final game scenario plays out as I have guessed, it would put A&M in the other end of the bracket and then leave us going through Baylor and then either OkState or OU.

thoughts??? comments???

2. hornfan56

hornfan56 25+ Posts

Look at this bracket generator.
    The Link

3. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

4. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

We will play the 10th seed Tuesday at 6:00PM which looks right now to be Texas Tech.

5. VinceYoungScores

VinceYoungScores 100+ Posts

[​IMG] at playing Tech back to back.

6. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

We should beat Tech again...and we need a win in the tourney. I say "bring 'em on."

7. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Love the bracket link. COOL!!!!!!

8. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

although it is never fun to play the same squad back-to-back i don't expect this team to have a letdown at this point. the game may or may not be closer given the neutral court but i am confident we will beat the red raiders. if that happens i think we will get an ncaa invite. of course, no reason to stop there! i would love to see us win the big12 tourney and go in with an even better seed...we are certainly capable, having played baylor so close and beating ou in such a convincing manner on their home court.

9. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

OK State just beat Baylor so there's only one more game left to complete the bracket. A&M leading OU by 15 with 13+ minutes left.

10. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

OU is getting CLOBBERED by A&M 62-38......

Can you say MELTDOWN???

Wish this were on TV and I could see Sherri POUT like a 3 year old.

[​IMG]

11. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

It is/was (2 mins remain) on TV. Time Warner channel 432

12. jackden

jackden 100+ Posts

13. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I'm glad we are on the bottom of the bracket with Baylor. If we get past Tech, I think we have a better chance of beating Baylor than KSU.

14. Psyclone

Psyclone 25+ Posts

[​IMG]

This bracket graphic updates automatically in this post.

15. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

I like the first round matchup with Tech. It would help avenge that loss in Lubbock by going 2-1 against them for the season. I like the idea of a "rubber match" with Baylor too as Texas had a great chance to beat them in Waco.

This team should have confidence going into the tournament. Not to mention they have one of the best coaching staffs in the country on their bench. Coach G and company will have them ready.

16. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I personally wanted the rematch with K-State. We are playing much better defense then when we faced them the first time. I thought we would be destined for the semis. Playing Baylor for a 3rd time is gonna be tough, but I guess I'm jumping ahead. Good luck ladies against Tech!

17. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

18. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

I'm so glad TX A&M is not in our bracket. I think A&M is the team to beat. Blair has these young ladies playing superb BB.

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Makes the difference between the North and South pretty noticeable.

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Each side of the bracket has its pros and cons.

I like not having A&M and OU on our side; but, I was torn between wanting either Baylor or K-State to be the #2 seed on our side of the bracket.

Based on rivalry alone, I'm glad Baylor lost the conference title at home last night. That's 2 losses in a row, so perhaps they're losing some steam.

Regardless, we played the top 3 seeds (K-State, Baylor, and Okie State) very tough going 2-3. Even the road losses were pretty competive.

Iowa State and Kansas State usually have the best fan turnout in KC, so glad they aren't on our side of the bracket, as well.

21. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

I'm happy with our draw. I think we are capable of doing some damage. [​IMG]

22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I think the Horns have an excellent shot at making the finals.

23. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

I agree Mike and BAB.....if we play the type of Texas ball we have seen in the last 3 games, we definitely could be in the mix, and I won't count out a Big 12 Tourney Title......

OK, not going to bet my lunch money on it, but I also will not count it out.....wouldn't that be a hoot if it happened??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

we really need that first win against tech. 20 wins and a double dose of payback for that debacle in lubbock would help our cause tremendously. every game in this tourney is an OPPORTUNITY to better our placement in the ncaa's draw of 64 teams.

[​IMG]

25. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

We definitely have an opportunity to upset the favorites in this tourny. Don't count us out.

26. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Missouri pulled off a major upset over OU. Kansas is on the verge of doing the same against Nebraska. [​IMG]

28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

just wanted to bump Psyclone's bracket up to the top.