Transcendence

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by CanaTigers, Apr 21, 2014.

1. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Went to see this because of what I assumed was the premise and it had Johnny Depp. Well it was mostly Johnny Depp's voice rather than actually him and the premise was a bit further out and opposite of what I had thought it would be. It has a pretty slow pace to start and 2 different couples actually walked out on it. So I wouldn't recommend spending the money at the theatre but worth a watch on Redbox or Netflix.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Well then, Netflix it shall be.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for the input and confirming what I had already pretty much gathered regarding this film.

I have to admit that I'm not the biggest Depp fan, but when I heard that Christopher Nolan was involved with this and thought that it might be another "Inception" (one of my all time favorites) type film, my expectations were rather high. That was before I found out that he came aboard as Executive Producer pretty much after the fact.

I don't place a high value on critic's opinions, but when I read the Wall Street Journal call it "a surprisingly dull and narratively muddled sci-fi drama that's short on suspense and logic", along with a number of other negative reviews, I knew it would probably be best to wait for the DVD.

4. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts