Transfer Portal

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by hornde68, Dec 2, 2022.

1. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Somewhere along the line, I got the impression/idea that a player was allowed to transfer ONCE. Now, I’m seeing that Rattler is evaluating transferring from South Carolina. In looking at portal points (admittedly abridged) I see nothing about a limitation on number of transfers. One makes sense, though it opens up multiple recruitment, but I can see where a HS student might make a mistake the first time. But, unlimited? That is beyond crazy. Please ‘splain the rules someone.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe the "new" rule is one transfer without sitting out a year. Transfer 2 brings an ineligible year.

But then it is the NCAA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Texadelphia

Texadelphia 1,000+ Posts

After that you go on Dean Wormer’s Double Secret Probation.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Dean Wormer, now thats funny!

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Gotta factor in the grad transfer rule too. Get one free transfer while undergrad then you can get another one when you graduate and if you graduate twice (undergrad, first masters and then pursue second masters) you can get up to three free transfers with no penalty. Many players graduate within 3 years now so opportunity for second free transfer particularly if used your first in first two years is present.