Traylon Shead #32

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HousHorn09, Jan 31, 2011.

1. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

The Link
    So how is Shead going to be used in the upcoming 2011 season, would be your guess? Slugga??? Especially with MB coming in and taking into consideration all of our stable of RBs.

This kid is suppose to be something else. Was 17th all time RB when he completed his Sr. year. At 6'-2", 210 it would seem like we need to get this guy the rock.

What say you?

[​IMG]

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good question. Also, is it generally assumed that Malcolm Brown is so good that he would be likely to start as a freshman? I haven't heard anyone make that claim, just wondering if he's thought to be that kind of talent.

3. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

With Brown being the highest rated back in the country how could he not be expected to start? I saw him play a couple of times this year and he has the speed, size and talent to play today. Oh and a very humble guy and great team player.

4. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

I could see both play this year. You can never have too many running backs. If both are productive, that will wear a defense out and give GG more passing lanes to work with.

Man I hope that's the case!

5. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Other than Earl or Hershel, not sure I've seen or heard of a #1 rb recruit that I was expecting to start right away at a big time school. Wasn't the Scott kid at Col #1 also? Bryce Brown at Tenn? There are almost no sure things with 17-18 yr olds. Malcolm looks awfully good to me but tap the brakes a little..

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

They both have zero yards rushing in college action. I'm thinking that probably warrants an equal opportunity to win the job.

7. DVPMD

DVPMD 500+ Posts

el ced had a lot of hype going in and we were thrilled when we saw him take the field for the first time.

8. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

OK here are a couple more that come to mind.
    Jacquizz Rodgers, Maurice Clarett ,Marcus Dupree,Marshall Faulk, Adrian Peterson, Ron Dayne, Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram. Benson had to wait a few games but was great as a freshman.
    Agree, lets not put too much expectations on the kid but I have been watching football for more than 50 years and have seen a lot of flops but this kid has it all and I think he will succeed because he has a great attiude and a level head.

9. TXThorn

TXThorn Guest

I think after watching our very average RB commitee over the last 2 years...expecting M. Brown to play (maybe not start) from game one is not that much of a stretch. Although tempering immediate grand expectations and letting him adjust to college action for a bit would be wise.

10. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

Since we generally start the season with two 5A opponents, Brown could get 10 to 12 carries from game one without too much trouble.

11. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

Any great freshman RBs running behind a crappy OL? We need to get the OL in order, or anyone is going to look average or worse.

12. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

Marcus Lattimore made an impact for the gamecocks in rushing this past year.. I think he was a top 5 recruit last year.

13. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

Only time will tell. Spring should be an indication.

14. honkinhorn

honkinhorn 100+ Posts

nevermind

15. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

Marshall Faulk?

Every coach in the county wanted him to start at corner.

SDSU was the only school to promise him a shot at RB.

16. bazbo

bazbo 500+ Posts

17. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

IMO, Cody showed in the last few games of the season that he's not ready to cede the position over to freshmen like Shead and Brown.

Assuming that he rolls with Wylie's new S&C regimen, I still think that Cody is our starter and gets a healthy share of the carries in '11.

18. longtex

longtex Guest

19. longtex

longtex Guest

20. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

21. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

Malcolm Brown will be the starting running back at Texas. No offense to Cody but he will not be on the same level as Malcolm from day 1.

22. longtex

longtex Guest

23. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

24. longtex

longtex Guest

25. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

PDF

My opinion was based on the fact that our running game is and has been **** for years. I like Cody but the fact of the matter is he is too big and slow to be considered good starting running back material at Texas.

Malcolm has better speed and bruising power. I realize he has not played a single down in college, but does anyone in here believe he won't pan out to be better than any rb on our roster right now?

26. Owlhorn

Owlhorn 500+ Posts

Cody has had 3 years and hasn't done anything. If Brown or Shead don't start, we're in trouble or our new workout master has whipped Cody into a monster?

27. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

28. longtex

longtex Guest

29. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

30. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

Hey PDF

Just curious as to what Cody's avg yards per game is, per carry, etc. Just trying to get an overview of his total productivity.

I'm sure the touchdowns Number really opened some eyes.