Trouble in Paradise?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Heifers into the corral before they closed the gate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think that statement is more appropriate for Blanton Dorm

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

According to reports, the Aggies could target USC receivers coach Luke Huard for the position. Huard join Lincoln Riley's staff this past season.

Is this a good move. I think he worked for Fisher a few years back so may not have the independents that they probably need.

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nobody has "independence" with Fisher. He's John Mackovic without the knowledge of football offense.

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. Pickle_Nuts

Pickle_Nuts Will travel with tickets.

And wine. I see Jimbo as a 7&7 type or natural light in stubby bottles.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mackovic's pretend knowledge of wine was as phony as his pretend knowledge of computers was.
    He condescendingly told me if a bottle of wine in a restaurant was less than $100. It was not worth drinking.
    He should stick to Xs & Os

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thank you. I regret that Dion will not let me "like", "agree", "winner" & "hot" your post.

Arrogant SOB still has not answered my wine question.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

$100 in a restaurant = about $35 on a retail shelf. At the time (mid-90s), $35 would buy pretty damned good wine. I don't for one second doubt Mackovic was condescending, because if he knew anything better than wine or offensive football strategy, it was how to be a condescending prick and alienate people.

I always wondered if Tom Herman took lessons from John.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I am not disputing any of yalls JM encounters, I can only say I met him once at a UT Exes function in Houston and he was very nice and engaging with me. Maybe Im just easy to get along with. :idk:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I almost ran over the SOB in my car one early morning while he was crossing 21st street from Clark Field, walking back to Bellmont Hall. I was picking up a friend at Prather, which is located next to Clark field. Not sure why I was up before 8 am on a Saturday morning but Mackovic was blindly jay walking across the street without looking both ways. I turned the corner from San Jac (going south) and almost hit him (like 3 feet).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  11. Pickle_Nuts

Pickle_Nuts Will travel with tickets.

Yeah, well I almost hit Dr. Red Duke pulling out of a parking garage on Fannin when i was in High School, not the kind of publicity I would have wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Jim was bullet proof and invincible, at least he thought he was. If he had those boots that hadn't seen a shine rag in 25 years and/or that hideous hat, you would have been justified. If he was driving that old pickup, you'd have been guilty of capital murder.

13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

96D1BF3A-F38E-4B37-B5BE-05930D4FED90.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

From texags:

Since December 2021, Tech has the same number of SEC wins as Texas A&M.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

"Aggy, I served with Texas Tech. I knew Texas Tech. Texas Tech was a friend of mine. Aggy, you're no Texas Tech."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Instant classic El T! Maybe post of the year.

17. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

18. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

So Jimbo has a new ‘fall guy’

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Texadelphia

Texadelphia 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Wow —-Aggie is going as low as possible to make football good. PetriNo is lower than the ex-Baylor guy.
    They are an embarrassment to the state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Petrino just accepted the same position at UNLV a month ago.
    Now he's kicking them to the curb and heading for the ags.

22. LonghornDave

FWIW I think this is a good hire if Jimbo gets out of the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

As I posted before, he's either the next fall guy, or the HC in waiting, and he's being paid too much to be a fall guy.

Wanna play a game? What month in what year is it announced that Jimbo is stepping down because of an undisclosed "health problem"?

Jimbo stays out of the way, Weigman wins the Hype$man in 2024.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Creek,

You seem to know so much about Briles and Petrino, I'm sure I'm not the only that would like to read about your personal dealings with either or both of them.

• Hot Hot x 1
  25. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

26. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Posted soon after the Petrino announcement.

Followed by

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Petrine is a good coach, which is all he is being hired for. The Ags have the makings for a formidable team next year and should be awesome in 2024

Weigman has the capacity for greatness. They bear watching if you are a football fan

30. LonghornDave

Sabre, the game sounds interesting but I don't think you are right. Other than this board and Texags, most football people understand Petrino is one smart cookie. If he manages to get aggie better than 5-7, say 9 or even 10 wins next year, he will be on the radar for most head coaching jobs. No one in the SEC gives a dang about his goofy off field past and OU sure doesn't. Heck, many, many Arkansas fans think of Petrino the way reasonable TT fans think of the Pirate (a misguided firing) (and TT stole his money). Jimbo is still owed too much money to reasonably buy him out next year, and I just don't believe aggie will pay 5-6 million for an OC to keep him from leaving, plus 9 million to a head coach.

But, can you image the aggieness of paying off a 9 million dollar coach and buying another 9 million dollar coach at the same time. You almost want to hear aggie explain why 18 million a year for a payoff and a new contract is required (please baby Jesus).

And aggie is not a destination job for a head coach, at least for now, so even if they go full aggie at 18 million a year, Petrino would end up at a destination job because Hwy 6 goes both ways.

And Briles is a POS. Not because I know him or because of the Waco scandal but because he screwed Texas for the BIG 12 Title because he is a POS.

• Winner Winner x 1