Trouble Renewing Tickets?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by hoopsalot, Aug 10, 2021.

1. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Is anyone else having trouble? My partner received an email with her account information to renew tickets. When she went into the account with her password and id, she received a message that she did not have any active renewals. She has not been able to reach anyone at the box office by phone or email for assistance. ​

2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Maybe they've started delaying renewal access due to the recent spike in COVID cases. I don't know...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

I have yet to receive any renewal notice for my season tickets. I chose not to purchase last year for obvious reasons, but was assured I would still have my same seats this year.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. fittaraw

fittaraw < 25 Posts

I thought the renewal notice I got was for season tickets, but it was actually for the Longhorn foundation- took me a bit to figure that out. I don't think the season ticket renewals have gone out yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

This could explain our issue. Miss the “good old days” in this regard. We could always call someone in the women’s basketball office and get some helpful person who would not let on that we either lack basic reading comprehension skills or are sadly lacking in our ability to navigate automated systems.
    Edit: Thanks to everyone who replied!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I spoke with the ticket office a week ago. WBB season ticket renewal emails will be sent in late August, at the earliest.

Since all WBB tickets are now electronic, Texas does not feel the need for July renewals, as in past seasons when paper tickets had to be printed and mailed. Last season was the transition year in this regard.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  7. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

New info as of today, 8/24. WBB season ticket renewal emails will go out August 30.

• Like Like x 2
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Hopefully that means a schedule is near ready.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Thanks Zig.

10. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

It took a while (8 p.m.), but renewals went out today.

Hello ______,

What we set out to do with this program last year—and what we will continue to do moving forward—is simple: Elevate.

We promise you a team that outworks, outhustles, outperforms, and flat-out outplays our opponents, but in order to reach our maximum potential, we need your help. It begins with not only being a season ticket holder, but also bringing your friends, your family, your neighbors, your energy and your passion to the Erwin Center every time we take the court.

Together you can help us Elevate and take Texas back to the summit of Women's Basketball by renewing your season tickets today!

The renewal deadline is Friday, Sept. 24, 2021.

Seating Capacity

We are planning for 100% seating capacity at the Frank Erwin Center this season. The health and safety of our student-athletes, fans, staff, and guests is our top priority. If any additional safety measures are implemented, those will be communicated to all season ticket holders as we get closer to the season.

Mobile Ticketing

For greater security and ease of access, you’ll receive your season tickets on your mobile device. Tickets will be available digitally in late October, and you will receive an email notification when they’ve been delivered to your Texas Sports ticket account. You can download and manage your tickets via your smartphone’s digital wallet.

Facility Safety & Cleanliness

Our home is your home. We will continue to regularly clean and sanitize all frequently used surfaces and areas at the Frank Erwin Center for the health and safety of our Longhorn Family. In addition, newly installed hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the arena will help prevent the spread of germs.

• Like Like x 4
  11. RvTraveler

RvTraveler < 25 Posts

Is there any information about credit from last year's unused season tickets?

12. fittaraw

fittaraw < 25 Posts

I had a $60 credit on my account from last year that was applied to my season tickets this year.

13. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I had a whopping $18 credit applied to my season ticket renewal.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Has anyone called to ask about how the credit was calculated? I feel like we had a month's worth of games we weren't allowed to attend and all I got was a $28 credit. For 3 tickets that doesn't seem anywhere near appropriate.

As a side note, on the men's side they aren't even bothering to issue a credit.

15. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Six games were played that fans could not attend:
    Lamar: 12/29/20
    Iowa St: 01/03/21
    Kansas: 01/14/21
    TCU: 01/20/21
    Texas Tech: 01/30/21
    Kansas St: 02/21/21

The Tennessee game was technically played, with fans, with Drake as the last minute substitute. So, 6 of 16 games, or 37.5% of the home schedule was restricted. I'll try to find out if that percentage bears any resemblance to the refund amount.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  16. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Thank you for pulling this list. I'm getting a 5% discount for not using 37% of my tickets. Not really a proposition that makes sense to renew for the upcoming season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

So, how do you find out about your credit?? I got zero…who do you call??

18. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Judge for yourself whether this info is accurate, but the ticket office is telling me that no official decision has been made yet on refunds for the restricted games.

They are suggesting that some fans may have received credit for seat reassignment to a lower price section as part of the social distancing protocol.

19. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Well, I got my same seats…no credit…most irritating…:soapbox:

20. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

Does anyone have a real person point of contact within the ticket office. Mine from prior years is no longer there, and the phone line is incredibly backed up. I've been waiting for close to an hour so far.
    I am trying to renew my seats, but reduce the number from 4 to 2. The online form won't let me do that.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with ticket office. Able to reduce & renew tix.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  21. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Alas, no. I can tell you we had the exact same problem. My partner did eventually resolve the issue, but not without a lot of time and effort. She did have to call the ticket office. Anyway, I dare not call her at work today to confirm the details of getting the issue resolved. Like you, we used to be able to get assistance...[.this is where, several times, I have typed and deleted my sad complaints/whines about the good old days of being a Texas women's basketball fan.]

• Like Like x 1
  22. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I was wrong. Partner had same issue as Cactus47- hold time was an hour or more. Left a message for a call back. Call back not received. May have to choose between buying a ticket we no longer have a use for or not renewing. Of course we will go with option one- we’ve been going to games for over twenty years. But it irks me no end.

Edit - Finally, success. Patience, patience, patience. It is the same everywhere. Don't know why I thought the ticket process should be any different. The personnel are doing their best. Just not enough of them to meet the demand. The person actually called after the regular box office hours.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  23. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

I'd call them again-my call was finally returned in about 100 minutes.

And call the Longhorn Foundation

• Like Like x 1
  24. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

So Monday, the ticket office called asking if I was going to renew. I said not until I find out why I'm not being given a credit for the months worth of games (both men's and women's) I didn't get to attend. She said no problem, I'll put in a credit request for you. I got a little over $600 credited - a little less than $200 for women's tickets. I'd suggest you all follow back up.

• Like Like x 4