Trudy's

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by LonghornGirlie, Feb 1, 2000.

1. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

your thoughts?

2. Madagascar

Madagascar < 25 Posts

Trudy's is great. I eat there at least once a month. Only problem is that the Texas Star location (near campus) is WAY better than the others. Better atmosphere, service, and the parking! (j/k) Try the queso. They put big ole chunks of peppers in it. Mmmm, tasty.Hook'em

3. rbaldwin77

rbaldwin77 First Time Poster

The mexican martini's here are to die for. They serve it like a martini, with the taste of a margarita. Two is the limit because they are so strong. Great place to before 6th street.

4. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

I know I've had more than 2 MM's in a night on too many an occasion.------------------
    "What became of subtlety?

5. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

djimaplon-- Trudy's has really been cracking down on the MM's in recent years. Lawsuits out the wazoo. They used to be the special on Tueday night, but they ended that after a few car accidents.I have to disagree that Trudy's Central (Texas Star) is way better than the others. I go to the North Star at least once a week, and it's every bit as good as the Central location. Never been South, though.The Chicken Chipotle is outstanding. Smoked Chicken Enchiladas are very good, and Trudy's also has one of my favorite Chile Rellenos in town.

6. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

I guess I can understand the crackdown on the MM's, too bad nonetheless.However, I have to agree that the Central location is the best. North is good but just doesn't have the same atmosphere.

7. BigTime

BigTime < 25 Posts

Trudy's TexStar was a staple of mine during college. I was there recently, we waited and hour to eat, food took forever, and server was fair. When eating in Austin, I always seems to have to take a deep breath and realize that the service is not going to be as good as it usually is in Houston b/c the waiters and hosts are usually students who don't give a rat's *** about your comfort. That being said the Migas and Fajitas are still awesome.

8. Nacho

Nacho 100+ Posts

The north location kicks *** for smokers, upstairs. The music is usually pretty good. Plus its a walk to my house.