TRUMP BETRAYS ALLY

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ShAArk92, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

More to address the OP ... bagging Al Baghdadi ...

completely irrelevant to the "abandoning" of the Kurd allys. ;)

Also of note ... when the SEALs got Bin Laden, one might have gotten the idea Hussein Obama had himself led the platoon with NVGs ...

it's a bit early, I suppose, but the leftist media is reporting it "Trump claims ..."

but there's no bias in reporting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

This

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I can't have a serious discussion if you're going off on tangents.

4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

To be fair, this is like the 9th time he's been reported dead. Not that I disbelieve. Just saying some skepticism is not unreasonable.

5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It's just clear that Trump's actions re: Syria helped Turkey, Assad, Russia, Iran and ISIS. It hurt US interests and our allies in Europe along with the Kurds. Horrible foreign policy moves. There's a reason you hire experts, put them in place and listen to them. I swear it comes back to that hair. It's evidence that he will only have "yes" men/women around him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Baghdadi died in Barisha Syria, an area now occupied by Russia. It's unclear when Russia took up it's occupation but its not unreasonable to assume it was recently after the US pulled out of Northern Syria.

Because we were executing an operation in a Russian controlled area we alerted them prior to executing the operation. Russia most assuredly focused on monitoring and studying the operation to learn details that would have been impossible to learn without advance notice. This decision to extract ourselves from Syria in such a ham fisted manner continues to be a festering abscess.

The death of Baghdadi is a very good thing and I commend the soldiers who executed it and those who approved and planned the raid.

Btw- it's being reported the intelligence regarding Baghdadi's location came from Iraqi intelligence.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Trump thanked those like Russia and Iraq for their cooperation including safe air space and intelligence.

8. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

a recap is a tangent?

OK.

9. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

have I seen the body? No. I am at least as confident Bagdhadi is as deceased as bin laden. Did you see bin laden's body?

10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I watched Zero Dark Thirty. I'm confident. :)

I'm confident that they're both dead. My research indicated that the US Military had never claimed that he'd been killed until now. All of the other times it was other actors. I am curious if they dug him out and then threw his remains in the ocean.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Key scholar says Trump was right to pull out of Syria. Says Obama was dishonest with Turkey when supporting a rebel group in Syria against Assad that Turkey opposed. Per usual, the charge that Dems make is projection: it was Obama that betrayed an ally.

If Michael Doran Were on Wall Street, He’d Be a Billionaire

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That is spectacularly good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

yes a fine recap of the situation post 9/11 .... until he says the Iraq war was a mistake. Another politico who fails to acknowledge Hussein (Saddam) was harboring AQ terrorists, which was the 2nd reason issued for the invasion of Iraq and the removal/killing of Saddam Hussein.

there were serious/numerous errors in the commission of the Iraq war ... but unless we should have been more willing to "let that dog lay" than to respond more completely to a direct attack on US land, inflicting over 3000 casualties and the resultant change in air travel life (S.A. being left alone notwithstanding) ... it was a legitimate objective.

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I kind of agree with you here. I think we had to do something with Iraq. What? I'm not an expert. I think our shock and awe strategy was flawed but I'm not a military strategist.

15. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

shock and awe was exceedingly successful ... it was the premature attempt to reduce forces/withdraw/leave security to Iraq which got us entangled.

surge was working, too.

IDK many more specifics, but W's positions on bailouts, failure to drive the narrative about re-entering Iraq and the GOP's selection of McCain to succeed him yielded an veritable unknown community organizer whose policy in Iraq soon produced the "JV team" ... which made the errors under W seem like a misplaced soda straw. (catastrophic in california, I know, but I'm addressing the rational people)

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget our advancing troops went by large caches of weapons which were supposed to have been taken by troops coming behind them. Those troops never showed up. Those weapons were used against us.

17. Seattle Husker

Recognizing you believe what you think you saw, this simply isn't backed up by any known facts. The opposite is true according to the 9/11 commission and other investigations. Even Bush backed off the claim in 2006. In case you care to educate yourself on the topic there is Wikipedia page with links to all the supporting documentation.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  18. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

noted. IDK why the 9/11 commission stated that.

94-97 (possibly later, but 97 was my last trip) ... they were there. No more than 4 years prior to 9/11. period. confirmed by intel. The same folks we use to establish targets/friendly designation. So, they don't "confirm" without being sure what it is.

Sorry if that upsets the applecart, but that's a fact, Jack.

Try to place your condescension on something else.

19. Seattle Husker

I'm sure you believe that, like other unverifiable data points. You call that condescension, I call it making decisions on known facts. I'm not the one upset that the data doesn't support my claim.

20. Seattle Husker

Speaking of Trump's Syria decisions we are now importing armored units from Kuwait to protect the oil fields. Our presence in Syria now exceeds the presence prior to Trump's announcement.

I'll say it again, Trump didn't plan the withdrawal but rather made an impetuous decision that those in his administration scrambled to cover up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The theory I read on the twitter was that Erdrogon has tapes of Kushner talking with MBS providing the go ahead to kidnap/rendition Kashogi. That was the leverage used to get the quick pull out. Since I read it on twitter it must be true. :)

It makes more sense than anything else. Trump is 100% transactional and did not do that without gaining something. After the Al-bahgdadi I thought that was it. Turns out we got him in spite of the Syria pull out. It apparently almost screwed up our long term plans to get him.

And, yes, I realize that is very Joe Rogan/Alex Jones-ish. That's what makes it fun. :)

22. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I'm not upset, either, SH .. .which reveals your reading is no more accurate of my comments than mine of yours.
    If you're stating you're not being condescending with your "get educated" comment, I'll accept that.

for the umpteenth time ... I'm just telling you what happened in real time ... before the spin meisters got a hold of it.

Here's another one ... not necessarily related to the Syrian situation of 3Q19 ... but of spin doctors ...

1996. TWA 800. 747 out of JFK. Our squadron was participating in Red Flag (search it) at Nellis AFB,NV. The day that happened, we were mission planning the next day's exercise. The intel officer (same bunch who identified the AQ camps in Iraq in this same period) entered the ready room ... closed the door, directed the TVs off ... red light illuminated ... we were gonna talk secret stuff.

But it was about TWA 800. deployments of fighter detachments were being created to patrol and be prepared to dispense chaff/flare behind commercial traffic on departure and approach to various airports (not gonna name 'em) ... this was before that movie "Independence Day" was released where the POTUS was a former F18 pilot and they ended up doing this very thing in the fictional story to AF1 (fighter jet dispensing chaff/flare behind the big jet) ... wonder where they got the idea to do that???

Red Flag was going to be cancelled and units were to start "launching" for their taskings. Expectation was the next day to execute.

Well, the spin meisters got a hold of the narrative ... and we didn't do that.

So ... you can disregard this report just as you did my previous. But I was there, too. I didn't conceive it. Didn't direct it ... was but a single member of a unique fraternity in a unique situation.

Carry on.

23. Seattle Husker

I'm not ready to buy into conspiracy theories. Regardless, Trump blinked when Erdogan threatened to attack showing the toughness is more bravado than real. Fortunately we do have adults in the administration.

24. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

there's no place like home
    there's no place like home

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Do you equate Joe Rogan with Alex Jones? They're not similar.

26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They're both out there on the fringes. One is WAY farther out there.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

How is Rogan on the fringes? I'm not a regular listener of his, but I've heard some of his interviews, and he seems pretty fair-minded. I know he's pretty respected by many on the Right and Left. He's part of the Intellectual Dark Web (IDW).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Rogan is pretty middle of the road himself. He will talk to anybody though. To categorize him as fringe shows a gross misunderstanding.

29. Seattle Husker

Claiming Rogan is "middle of the road" demonstrates how far right the "middle" is on Hornfans

30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Have you listened to any of his podcasts? Do you know his stance on any political issues?