Trump supporters fired on, S.C.

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn2RunAgain, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Didn't think this belonged in the RNC thread since it happened miles away. If already posted somewhere, my apologies

Man accused of firing gun near Trump supporters gathering in Fort Mill

A Charlotte man was arrested in Fort Mill Monday after police say he fired several shots from a vehicle near a political gathering.

The incident happened around 6:50 p.m. in the area of I-77 and Sutton Road. Members of the group, a local organization for women, say they were holding signs on the side of the road in support of President Donald Trump.

Officers say several people from the group told them three males “drove by more than once, making derogatory remarks and yelling obscenities at them from their vehicle.”

The victims said as the vehicle turned from Sutton Rd on to the ramp to northbound I-77, the driver of the vehicle kept yelling, then put his arm out the window while holding what appeared to be a handgun.

They heard several shots being fired as the vehicle proceeded northbound on the interstate.

”All of a sudden you know bang bang bang bang bang bang bang” says Ostrowski.

The driver of the vehicle, identified as 23-year-old Marquise Damarius Asomani of Charlotte, was taken into custody.

Asomani is charged with six counts of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature and one count each of unlawful carrying of a pistol, pointing and presenting firearms at a person and possession of a firearm during a violent crime.

“I think it’s sad honestly that we’re showing support for the president and you have to be nervous about somebody coming and doing this, says Lindsey Portugal, who’s a part of the rally organizing group. “I mean that’s just discouraging.”

He was taken to the York County Detention Center and placed under a $75,000 bond.

• WTF? WTF? x 3
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Horn2
    This is really frightening.What is happening to our country.
    This^ willget NO DMC (Democrat Media Complex) coverage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

This morning I saw a short blurb on fox about this, haven't seen anything on CNN. Was surprised by the bond that was set. Too low IMO.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Biden is complicit when he spreads the Charlottesville hoax.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

How long before gunfights at the OKCorral break out all over the country?
    Would woke guilt ridden whites shoot whites protecting themselves and property?

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Hell yea they are going to. Our streets are going to run red with blood from both sides.

As of right now, it's only running red with the blood of law abiding citizens.

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

This is the shooter.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Appropriate T shirt

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Not going to disagree that it seems low, but I don't know if they do the 10% thing there or not. And, keep in mind that bond is not intended to be punitive but is designed to be the amount sufficient to ensure a defendant shows up for court relative to the nature of the offense. This is why some symbolic bonds quickly get chopped after a writ is filed...Harris County (Houston area) is noted for running bonds keyed to the amount of dope or amount of theft when arrests are made at the felony level.