Trump wins NY......Clinton wins POTUS

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by nashhorn, Apr 20, 2016.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

As I've said from the beginning. It just becomes more and more assured, she won't be stopped. I saw that 225,000 democrats voted in Manhatten whereas a mere 26,000 republicans voted, and that is not atypical across the country - the disparity in voting numbers.

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

But the question remains of what happens come November with regard to turnout. In a primary, I know MANY who don't bother to vote, especially if a conclusion seems foregone. The GOP has also not done themselves any favors by having all but pronounced that the voters don't matter in the equation and that the powers-that-be know better...

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The question as I see it is whether Trump will be a unifying force for the Republicans or Democrats? The left isn't excited about HRC but the #NeverTrump movement could be even more effective for energizing the left than it has in inhibiting Trump's momentum in the Republican primaries. I dare say the left/center will forget about HRC's inadequacies due to Trump.

If the goal of the Republican party is to win a general election, the party bosses are teaching the electorate why the popular vote shouldn't be the only factor in deciding the nominee.

4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

5. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

No one has to be concerned with Trump becoming POTUS.

I'm convinced he's in this, and has thrown a lot of his resources into it, to essentially BUY POTUS.

As one guy called it ... Overlord POTUS.

a serious candidate doesn't have the superficial proposals as he's offered ... and very few of those. His mantra is "it's gonna be great, believe me" and that's it.

Sadly, we're so starved/thirsty for something other than establishment, we're actually considering sending this guy to the White House. He won't accept. He's in this to spoil it for the GOP/nominee.

if he gets the nomination, he'll quit in October. If he doesn't, he'll continue his run as an independent. Both will have the effect of electing the democrat (HisSilentinBengHazi) ... and she'll owe him everything.

It'll be the ultimate in mysogeny.

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

No way Trump quits if he's the nominee. He may have started this journey on a lark but he's too close to the White House now. Actually, he's been entertaining a run for POTUS for 20yrs according to NYC media. Trump's ego is too big not to thirst for adding POTUS to his resume.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  7. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

maybe ... but I'm sticking by my ideal. It's better to have someone change your oil, by your direction, than to change the oil yourself.

The Ego demands the latter.

8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow Phil, guess you caught HRC in another 'mis'informed statement. Very interesting data.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts