Trump!!!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by snek, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think the problem for them is that they actually want Ryan to remain as Speaker. The Speaker is for the entire House, not just part of it. Ryan is for amnesty and open borders. Working with Dems, he would be able to get amnesty through. If he were Pres instead, it would accomplish them nothing as amnesty would still get blocked in the House, as it was the last two times they almost got it through. For this reason alone, I think he stays where he is. They have a plan.

2. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Obama leans heavily to the left, but he is nowhere near as far left as Sanders. Obama is a committed, mainstream liberal, while Sanders is way left of there. Just like Romney is a committed, mainstream conservative while Ryan is way right of there.

Yes, in the two examples you cite, I chose the liberal. But I don't always choose the liberal. How do you explain my preference of Kasich over everyone else in the field?

I've never said I'm conservative.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Agree with most of that. it's just like the poster who was convinced that the names the Obama people floated as SCOTUS nominees were "moderates." I guess they were moderates if you are coming from the perspective of a Marxist. I mean, hopefully those federal appellate judges had some minimal respect for property rights, which would be enough on it's own to anger them. In any event, in that case, it is pointless to argue.

4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

My error. Meant to say independent. And Kasich will not be the nominee. So basically you are saying three liberals - ultra liberals that is - in a row. Who was the last non liberal POTUS candidate you voted for?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  5. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

What does it mean to be a "bleeding heart liberal"?

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

You know what it means, but I am guessing you want to exploit my interpretation of it.

I see it as someone who is excessively liberal with a overstated view of how people are mistreated in society. Basically, someone with the political and social view that everyone who is not successful is not responsible for their own success or accountable for their own actions. The government is.

I do not mean it derogatory. The world needs bleeding heart liberals to counteract us heartless conservatives.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Bush over Kerry in 2004.

I wish there were non-liberal candidates in the presidential election I could support. It isn't my fault that my preferred candidates keep getting beaten in the primaries (e.g., Kasich) or pulled way right in order to secure the nomination (e.g. Romney, McCain).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

What does that have to do with losing in the general? McCain and Romney lost because they were establishment guys who did not offer voters anything substantially different than the Dems.

10. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I didn't say anything about why McCain and Romney lost the general election. I was talking about my personal decision to support McCain early on in 2008 and Romney early on in 2012, and my abandonment of both when they veered sharply right to appeal to conservative voters.

11. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Will hates Trump and has for a while. I think Trump called him either a loser or an *******. Either way, it wasn't a nice thing to say, and Trump has been on his "fecal schedule" ever since.

14. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I've read Will and admired his work since I was in high school and he wrote for Newsweek. He's more conservative than me, but he's thoughtful rather than instinctive. The animus towards Trump must invigorate Will, because his writing reminds me of the passion and cleverness he exhibited 30 years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the clarification. I thought you meant that was why they lost.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Pre-candidate Trump

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This one seems to run counter to other ones - registered R-females

[​IMG]

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Boston Globe came up with a fake paper a year in advance, if Trump won

[​IMG]

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And so someone else came up with an alternative to that one^ except that this one is current and uses actual news ....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This entire state may be high

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is the audio of the Colorado Republican Party Chair (Steve House) back on August 11, at the Pueblo County GOP meeting.

“Do I think he’s going to be the nominee?
    Absolutely not.”

“Do you know who he’s taking away votes from?
    Ted Cruz. Right, Ted Cruz, right? Which is so hard to believe.”

“I think what happens to Donald Trump—with all due respect to a man who has made billions of dollars and had companies go bankrupt and recovered—is he’s going to get bored. He’s going to get bored. He’s going to get tired of the continuous questioneering and badgering.”

“I’m really looking forward to having Donald Trump and Carly Fiorina on the same stage. Because I think she will make him look bad. I really, really do.”

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Edited film of Trump rally in Pittsburgh
    Talks jobs, trade, steel and coal
    AT ~ 8:30m mark, crowd forces him onto immigration

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

State Attorney made it clear pretty quick that "this matter was never charged by this office"
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/char...n-manager-corey-lewandowski/story?id=38399886

"...... "Our standard is higher than probable cause," Aronberg said.

It is clear that "Ms. Fields brushed or touched Mr. Trump's arm" which prompted him to "recoil," Aronberg said. At that point Lewandowski "reached forward and grabbed Ms. Fields' arm."

A Secret Service officer was standing directly behind Trump at the time of the incident and "appeared to show no concern to her actions," Aronberg explained.

Aronberg noted that Fields was "disappointed" with the decision. "She wanted the prosecution to go forward," he said.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More on the Fields/Lewandowski --

The photos of bruises on her arm may have been bogus.

"Assistant State’s Attorney Adrienne Ellis told reporters there were no photos of bruising on Michelle Fields’ phone.

‘The initial photos we received were a couple of days old because it was delayed reporting, obviously. And when I met with my detective in my office afterwards I asked him to reach out and see if he could obtain a photograph that would have been taken more closer in time. And she had taken a photograph on her iPhone that same evening and there was really nothing there."

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

First-hand account of Colorado Trump delegate

[​IMG]

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

FB_IMG_1461004041649.jpg

• Like Like x 2