Trump's Team

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, they are doing it for news cycle effect
    McCain and Graham are on already back on board
    (Not clear what Rubio's stance is)

2. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Rubio serves on both the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and Senate Select Committee on Foreign Relations.

For someone that is privy to and immersed in the classified, nefarious actions of foreign adversaries, it's not hard to understand his h*rd-on for Russia.

I also assume he carries a lot of ill will towards Russia for the oppression his family suffered in Cuba under Castro. The guy openly detested Castro and mentioned his family's history when discussing it.

Both his close family history and daily profession is highly involved with Russian meddling. Pretty hard to see the forest for the trees with all that in your head/heart.

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Wait...you just said that he knows too much about Russia based on his intelligence access? For what? To go along with Trump's "reverse glasnost" plan? Could it be that Trump doesn't know enough or is willing to gloss over their nefarious actions for some alternate reason?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. That's classic Trump mentality on display. It can't be that Rubio has studied the issue and reached a well-informed and well-reasoned position. He just has a "hard-on."

5. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Classic leftist mentality on display. Disregard the solid points made that actually pertain to the topic, focus on a descriptive word, and use it to discredit the speaker.

I guess you couldn't grasp my use of "hard-on" meant Rubio is highly excited over Russia. It wasn't a negative slam on his views, I was referencing his history as to why I empathize with where he's coming from.

FYI, Rubio was my preference until he dropped out after FL primary.

Yet another example of how Libs and MSM try to discredit their targets. Find a descriptive word, twist the context to make it seem controversial, and disregard the factually based points.

Same thing the MSM did with DT's inaugural speech...omg did he say "carnage"? What a dark, cold speech. One MSM network labeled it the "carnage speech". :rolleyes1:

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I focus on the word, because it's a loaded term. It suggests that his view is skewed or distorted by something (in this case his hostility for the Castro regime and the ties it had with the regime that used to given what is present day Russia). It is a negative characterization.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That type of mentality has been around a long time.
    Before Trump was born even

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Jeff-Bezos-owned WAPO interviewed Kellyanne Conway
    It's pretty long
    Here is one part

-----------------------------
    The president-elect yesterday called CNN fake news. Is that helpful?

Did he do it gratuitously or did he do it in response to the fact that they had published an article online and then talked about it on air that basically gave everybody a GPS and a map and instructions on how to find the BuzzFeed dump of a 35-page document that is not an intelligence report, that was an Internet report assembled by anti-Trump operatives?

Presidents and politicians have always criticized news stories, but not —

This is historic and you know it. No one has ever faced the deluge of negativity and criticism that Donald Trump has. It’s just a fact. But by the way, we have to say thank you to many in the mainstream media because it helped us win.

It was an elite rejection election in that, fundamentally, it was us versus them, and it turns out there are a heck of a lot more them than us, us being people in politics or media or the donor class. Or in the consulting class, which is nothing short of embarrassing. These noncreative nonthinkers who haven’t come up with a creative or original idea in 30 years are telling us who can win, who can lose three years before an election? That’s over.

Donald Trump would say one thing or someone would say one thing about him, and it would literally be breaking news for 10 days. And everybody would dissect it. And I know he’s much better for ratings and clicks, because Hillary Clinton was neither particularly liked nor seen as animated or engaging, but some journalists took leave of their senses and surrendered what they learned in journalism school.

If you look at Twitter feeds of some folks, what they write about Donald Trump would never pass editorial muster. And if you’re Joe Blow from The Washington Post and you say tweets are my own and you’re tweeting at 10:15 a.m. as you’re walking in to a presidential press conference or a Trump rally, then your tweets are not your own. You just tweeted in your suit and tie at 10:15 a.m. when you’re clearly in your professional capacity. And it’s zing, zing, zing, zing, zing against Donald Trump. That’s irresponsible, and by the way it’s not journalism.

[The Post’s policy is that journalists can use personal social media accounts but they remain, at all times, Washington Post journalists.]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...485534784095&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.e323cdf1221c

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some more Kellyanne here .....

11. Seattle Husker

"Alternative Facts" woman may have a credibility gap at this point.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

She was actually correct about that, just suffered from some momentarily inarticulate wording. The truth is, when they came out with those metro numbers originally, they had their own source, which was supposed to have been official. That was her point. But, of course, the anti-Trump Press jumped on her like the pack of jackals that they are.

Second, as had been shown repeatedly now, the overall crowd was the same close to the same or even possibly larger.

But, you knew all this already, correct?

And, in any event, I think the people are onto them now. The bulk of folks are not going to keeping falling for these type of media games. Only those who want to fall for it will.

13. Seattle Husker

It wasn't Metro's numbers but rather Spicer blamed the Inauguration committee for giving him the numbers. So, somewhere in that Trump circle someone was VERY wrong. What was sad was that Spicer used those numbers while admonishing the press for what turned out be accurate reporting. Any way you slice it, Spicer and Conway were pushing falsehoods and blamed an unnamed group for the misinformation.

No, it hasn't despite the crazy angles that Gateway Pundit tries to use to give the impression of the crowd size being comparable. Even an attempt by Trump to cajole the acting Director of National Parks to get a better picture didn't get any results. Only in memes can you produce something that never existed.

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

As Deez clarified, Kerry honestly thinks they've been "Israel's best friend" because they believe what they're doing is best for Israel. So combine that with SH's post. How do you think Bibi felt when Obama sat down with him for the first time and explained to him that as man with no foreign policy experience and about 18 months of U.S. political experience, he was going to show Bibi why he was just wrong on his approach to Palestine. I have heard Obama speak/lecture enough to know exactly how he talks to people with whom he disagrees. So the media's takeaway from that first exchange was Bibi lecturing Obama about Israeli-Palestinian relations. No doubt, leaving out the lecturing Bibi got to begin with. So why exactly would Bibi have any regard for anything Obama had to say to him after that point? Aside from needing to be allies, he would already see him as completely opposed to measures Bibi believed were necessary for Israeli safety and sovereignty.

15. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Whether you like her or not, this is a really interesting read. Here are some things I thought were interesting:

I did think it was funny that the Post had to stick that comment in. No one is denying that the majority would say he should release his returns - particularly with no additional information or context. Her point was simply that when choosing between caring about a candidate's tax return disclosure and caring about their own financial situation, they're a whole lot more concerned about the latter. I can't believe anyone would dispute that.

And another inserted link which was unrelated to the story, entitled "Trump is obsessed with what his staff wears. Don't let their costumes distract you" - honestly, it's like, "OK, we're going to run all these quotes and let this woman say what she says, but we're going to make sure negative stuff about Trump gets stuck in here even if she won't say any of it."

• Like Like x 2
  16. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

I've noticed industries where there is high scrutiny on your professonal wardrobe tend to be populated by successfull, ambitious, highly-educated Type A personalities who just don't talk about ideas but actually execute on them.

Give me that over Bernie.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Didnt they both give accurate numbers, so far as either knew at the time?

18. Seattle Husker

Hi-Tech? You're in the finance industry which is definitely a "dress for success" culture. I do tell my children the "dress for success mantra" but I appreciate the Seattle work culture where simply wearing khakis and a pressed button up shirt can be "dressed up" compared some co-workers.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mitch began cloture
    The Tillerson Cloture Vote is set for Monday @ 5:30pm.
    Cloture limits filibuster to a set time. In this case 30 hours max.
    Da Nuke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

In the immortal words of Ivory Christian (U.T.'s Lee Jackson) from Friday Night Lights:

"I'll knock you out in a pair of flip flops"

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is a comparison of the speed of Obama's 2009 confirmations vis-à-vis Trump's

[​IMG]

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4 nominees on Senate Calendar --

Tillerson Mon 5:30pm Cloture
    Chao Tues 12:00pm Confirmation
    Ross and Carson (not scheduled)
    Mnuchin also scheduled for Committee vote tonight (no time). The Committee vote will allow nominee to proceed to the Senate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not really clear what the Rs in Senate have been doing, but maybe they finally waking up?

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Rex Tillerson Cloture Vote Passed 56-43

Tillerson coming through soon

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Coulter weighs in on one of the SCOTUS names
    She got Roberts right
    Trump would be wise to listen

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ryan Zinke/Secretary of the Interior vote going down now

update --
    ZINKE PASSES COMMITTEE 16-6
    PERRY PASSES COMMITTEE 16-7

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

now the JEFF SESSIONS COMMITTEE VOTE

I guess Mitch finally woke up and realized having an AG right now would be a good idea

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The good news is that As of Jan. 20, obstructing the President no longer makes you a racist, un-American traitor.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017