Trump's Team

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Bannon --
    "I'm leaving the WH & going to war for Trump against his opponents on Capitol Hill, in the media and in corporate America."

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

4. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

How was an incompetent individual that became successful because of his daddy going to make America great again? Let's see, get rid of Obamacare, failed. Build a wall, failed. Both Trump and Bush are a great example of white mediocrity.

5. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It should have come much sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seattle Husker

He's not part of Trump's team yet but popular (among Trump supporters) Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke has resigned effective midnight tonight. The spokesman had no information as to why he resigned or what Clarke's next steps might be.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Looks like Hope Hicks is the new Communications Director. Link. And I'm just gonna set this right here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Seattle Husker

"I know the best people"- Trump

I think we know what he meant by "best" now? 28yr old, started in PR in 2012. She's absolutely stunning, for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She can't be any worse than the Mooch. He set the bar very low, and needless to say, she's quite nice to look at.

10. Seattle Husker

Trump has clearly been unsuccessful in this role. I suspect anyone of note or experience isn't returning his Admins' calls. It may be time to hire "John Miller". That's where the real White House communication strategy is derived.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I only thought I was gonna miss Sean Spicer. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is killing it. I love her.

Reporter: Can you cite a specific example of something in Secretary Clinton's book that you find the most incorrect or untruthful?

SHS: I would say any part where she blames anyone for her loss but herself.

[Mic Drop]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Thiel might be making a political comeback.

According to Vanity Fair (Nov), Trump wants Thiel to lead the Presidential Intelligence Advisory Board (PIAB) -- "one of the most significant (advisory) positions that any American can hold."

If it works out, Thiel (co-founder of PayPal) will take a hard look at the information technology architecture of the intelligence community.

Thiel "is super-concerned about Amazon and Google," a Trump administration source told Vanity Fair.

Thiel "feels they have become New Age global fascists in terms of how they're controlling the media, how they're controlling information that flows to the public, even how they're purging people from think tanks," the source told VF. "He's concerned about the monopolistic tendencies of [all three] companies and how they deny economic well-being to people they disagree with."

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is this Example A for Thiel^?

Will you sleep better at night knowing Facebook/Zuckerberg and the DC Swamp are officially teaming up to decide what news you will be allowed to see?

[​IMG]

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Corporations working with a state to guide political direction is fascist. Bet Antifa doesn't know that.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Seattle Husker

Sam Clovis, the recipient of emails Papadopolous regarding meetings with Russians, has now removed himself from the USDA head nomination.

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He made as much sense as the Okie for EPA or the Texan for Energy. It's like a murderer's row of poor selections.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep, this news about social media hopping in the sack with government to restrict information is dangerous - much more dangerous than a foreign government buying some ads. That's the kind of thing China or North Korea would do.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Seattle Husker

I don't think it was the Russian details that pushed him to remove himself but these quotes.

Yes, there are some people that believe that BS but I'd hope none of that is mainstream.

20. Seattle Husker

Agreed. The question of the millenium is do you do nothing on these platforms and simply try to educate users? That's been the method so far and it hasn't worked. If you start even inadvertently censoring American users then we are no better than the countries you mention.

21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's a tough issue to solve. I can only work with my children and some of my FB friends who know better but STILL knee-jerk false information. It's incredible how they can't even detect them. I've been almost 100% correct when I type in my go-to post: "Are you sure this is not fake news?" But they are very emotional at times about their political positions and want to pile on. My daughter is in the 8th grade so she's not really interested in that stuff anyway but my son is 21 and he is; we've spent time talking about critical thinking skills which is just a fancy way of saying, check your sources.

We are stretching the bounderies of free speech to parts unknown.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  22. Seattle Husker

We've expanded our traditional circle of friends/family/co-workers pre-internet to include everyone we've ever met, people we want to meet and people we will never meet in person. Critical thinking skills are more important now than ever.

• Like Like x 1
  23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

With what, specifically, do you disagree, and on what are you basing your argument?

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They could run PSAs encouraging people not to believe everything they read online or on social media and to verify what they read. However, that's about as far as they can go without getting into dangerous territory. If we choose to be stupid, that's on us.

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So, in summation, we're screwed.

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Nope. It's easier to spread misinformation, but it's also easier to spread accurate information than it used to be. Furthermore, we don't have to teach our kids to be idiots. That's in our hands. We're not screwed.

27. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I don't know about that. This is the hot issue right now and it is concerning but give it some time to shake out. I bet people will start to figure it out.

I could see a system that lets people do a true/fake button much like the like/unlike thing now and a Wikipedia type approach where a couple hundred folks are given override privileges to put a blurb at the bottom of the news. "This information is suspected to be from an unreliable source".

Leave the article so people can judge/decide for themselves but add a caveat that it is somehow suspicious.

28. Seattle Husker

I'm more pessimistic because it's becoming harder and harder to discern between accurate and inaccurate. Then there's the crowd that go to great effort to discredit the fact checkers simply because the facts don't fit in their world view. What we are finding out is that there are more crackpots than anyone every really imagined. In prior generations Alex Jones would be some hermit with a HAM radio. Now he makes millions off the gullible.

• Like Like x 1
  29. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

But now the fact checkers have become political and truly need to be fact checked. It use to be the media and now they (MSM) are on a daily basis putting out fake news. CNN is by far the worst and have lost all integrity.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

This was my ideal solution when reading the above recent posts. There needs to be a purely facts-driven, unbiased fact checking service that is universally used by major social media sites.

Of course idk how it's possible to achieve neutrality from inception and then avoid corruption as time passes and their power is realized.

What I do know is it's bs that partisan hacks like Politico, Snopes, etc have been gifted legit fact-checker designation when half the country knows their biased and wrong with frequency. Might as well be MSNBC fact-checking CNN.