Trump's Team

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It goes back to the two-party system. People who may qualify as crack-pots in one mind are just Machiavellian's in another (the old one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter) bent on winning; the truth doesn't matter. The stakes are too high and the game is ruthless.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's happening. Matsoshito Son is getting his way although T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom) will have control in a T-Mobile/Spring merger. In the past this might have failed due to regulator scrutiny. Not with Pai as chairman of the FTC and Trump in the Whitehouse. Son already made laid the groundwork for this with his meetings with Trump during the transition period. The only surprise to this happening is that Son ceded control of the board to Deutsche Telekom. Of course, Sprint's leverage given the current state of their company was pretty limited.

3. Seattle Husker

Adm. Ronny Jackson who just withdrew from VA Secretary consideration will not return as Personal Physician to the Whitehouse.

Ronny Jackson most assuredly got a bit of a raw deal on his treatment, especially in light of the Secret Service comments on his traffic accident history. The question I have is why no R's came out in support of him? I think he was universally thought to be ill credentialed to be Sec. of the VA by all on the hill. The Whitehouse needs to vet these candidates better, including ensuring there is appropriate support on Capitol Hill before nominating them.

4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Zero vetting. Some of the criticisms of him I thought were silly. Giving out ambien and provigil to high level traveling groups was a nothing burger to me. Now if he was writing for his own percocet then that's a different deal. The real issue is that Trump wanted him because he looked the part. He referenced "central casting". It's sad how shallow that dude is.

5. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Does his letter to POTUS give you concern that he, too, is compromised by the liberal cabal? Or is McRaven right about this POTUS?

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Summed it up perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

James Mattis is quitting as Secretary of Defense. Not good. Not only was Mattis probably Trump's best appointees, he's one of the best Secretaries of Defense of the modern era. It's a real loss. Link.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Seattle Husker

I concur. This must put people in a bind that lauded Mattis and support Trump. Mattis is saying they had irreconcilable views. Administrations consistently see shifts in leadership. I can't remember any that have had as many people leave saying they were at odds with the POTUS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  9. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

So Trump has decided to pullout troops from Syria and alledgedly wishes to reduce troop levels in Afghanistan. Now Trump needs to select a replacement for Mattis that is more aligned with Trump’s desire to scale back. I’m not aware of any Pentagon brass remaining that oppose the Neocon agenda of US domination and occupation. Who’s he gonna select?

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's worrisome. I know the Trump loyalists will say Mattis was a tool for the Deep State and/or a "cuck," but on military and national security matters, I'd definitely defer to him and his 40 years of service over Trump and his 50 years of avoiding chlamydia.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Trump uses element of surprise on SOF ground commanders. Respect.

12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

LOL! I don't know a single person who said any of that. Ease up on the TDS, man. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You haven't heard anyone associate Mattis with the deep state? You haven't listened well. Ask Musburger.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You said from Trump loyalists. Musburger isn't one of those. Putin's his boy.

15. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

All of these wise, experienced, military people as well as their political shills - be they Republican or Democrat - have egged on wars beginning with Korea, then Vietnam, and within the last generation Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria. None of these have ended in victory and some have been disastrous. Lies aimed at the public were used to justify these wars and even now, the same holds true. Cheerleaders like McCain, Bolton, Nikki Haley, and Krauthamer or revered as Patriots and trumpeted by sheeplike followers exemplified by Mr. Deez among millions of others.

America is rapidly becoming regarded as a paraih, feared but no longer respected. Our country is falling behind in terms of infrastructure, Health care costs are destroying wealth, and moneyed interest completely rule what is only. Democracy in name. If Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country, the USA is a military extortion racket masquerading as a country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

If the governing system wasn’t so broken, Trump would not have happened. Too many people who know the system is broken fail to see the flaws in Trump, perhaps because they need to have hope he will be the savior. So they justify anything Trump says or does. Trump is a fraud. The only positive thing his Presidency has accomplished as of yet is to shine light on the systemic rot.

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He was a Trump loyalist until he ****-canned guys like Bannon and Michael Flynn. Also Putin isn't his boy. He's Putin's boy.

And whether you think Mattis is a deep stater or not, whose judgment do you trust? Mattis's or Trump's? In other words, should Trump have heeded his advice, or was Trump right to basically blow him off?

19. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

I was never a Trump loyalist. I was willing to give Trump a chance based on the foreign policy he ran on. Then his backtracking, acquiescence to establishment, and appointment of Neocons exposed the fact that Trump is a fraud.

As far as Putin, I think he’s made missteps, but he is certainly grounded in reality and his worldview is more palatable than the ones held currently by some of the insane “leaders” in this country. That would include the Mattises, Pompeos, Haleys, and Boltons worshipped by the simpletons such as yourself.

20. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Is it Christmas spirit or something? I agree with something Mus said? Whew. Actually there are some concepts you present I do agree with above. Kinda sad really, just what our morons have contrived.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He even says things I agree with. In fact, I've found significant agreement with him on Syria. The common theme for him is that America sucks and is pretty much always bad and wrong. Well, America is run by human beings, so sometimes it will be wrong, so he's going to be right in those situations.

Where he goes off the rails is when he jumps into completely ridiculous conspiracy theories and worships Putin. However, he now admits Putin has made missteps. It's not a big step, but it's a departure from viewing him as a deity, so that's progress.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. This is coming from the guy who righteously accuses countries of violating treaties he hasn't read (and realistically, wouldn't understand if he did read them). So I may be a simpleton compared to some, but I've got very stiff competition for the simpleton label.

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

What? He never was a Trump loyalist. To be honest I'm not sure who's right in this. Both sides have good points.

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Mattis was an establishment guy, "deep state" if you must. He is why Trump ordered the 2 bombings on Syria earlier in his administration. He coopted Trump's foreign policy and was in charge of what information Trump had access to whenever decisions were to be made.

It is no surprise that Mattis resigning and Trump announcing that he is pulling the troops out of Syria and Afghanistan have coincided. It is beyond coincidence. One caused the other though I am not sure which. This is a good day for America. I hope it marks a new trajectory for foreign policy. Defensive war only and no foreign entanglements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Maybe, but if he's quitting because he didn't get his way, and his way was staying in Syria indefinitely and against our own laws, then I won't miss him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

By America, if you are referring to the government as it now operates, the first sentence is a fair assessment. As far as it being run by human beings, it’s a question of who those human being are. If you are gullible enough to believe key decisions are made by publically elected officials in response to the electorate rather than by powerful moneyed interests that are not accountable to the public than you are a simpleton. This isn’t conspiracy theory. This is how it’s done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ah h***, I truly am not certain about the ‘human’ description when they cannot discern the difference between male and female - just by looking (at anatomical parts). And yep, this is some serious lunacy imo.

28. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I will stand by and see what happens. Anything Trump says or does outrages just about everyone, they get in a dither, then Trump usually ends being right. So, I'll wait to see if announcing a Syrian pullout ends up being the right thing.

I liked Mattis, but. agree with @Statalyzer.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So if we send military forces somewhere, how long should we keep them there?

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

By the way, I saw this in Budapest earlier in the month. Almost bought one for Musburger.

putin.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2