Trump's Team

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Kellyanne Conway: "He's a businessman. He is accountable, he delivers, he produces."

More here

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Accountability to one's bankruptcy trustee isn't an accountability to be proud of.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As someone who has made hundreds of Bankr Court appearances, I fear it not. I actually even like the Bank Code (although the preceding one was better than the current one). Both versions are vastly superior to the IRS Code.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Just the fact that there are bankruptcies to be faced means he is more accountable than HRC.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't deny that, but the bar is awfully low.

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I am not a fan of bankruptcy except that it is better than any other approach. Just think of it like the death, or, in some cases, the rehabilitation, of an injured person, since corporations are afforded that status. We could go back to the days of debtors prison and unlimited liability, but that would kill the risk taking in our economy, and our standard of living would be much lower.

• Like Like x 1
  7. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Banks and investors price their debt and equity assuming a certain amount of bankruptcy risk/default rate. They also wrap their securities with insurance. If investors and banks really feel burned by him, how does he get the capital to build that Trump International in the Old Post Office on Pennsylvania Ave or that new golf course in Scotland. It's like the restaurant business.

This isn't Saban giving a kid a scholarship and then cutting him his sophmore year.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You guys do know I was making a joke, right? I wasn't commenting on the merits of bankruptcy.

9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Well....I do now!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The heads of the Pentagon and the nation’s intelligence community have recommended to President Obama that the director of the National Security Agency, Adm. Michael S. Rogers, be removed.

The news comes as Rogers is being considered by President-elect Donald Trump to be his nominee for director of national intelligence, replacing Clapper as the official who oversees all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies. In a move apparently unprecedented for a military officer, Rogers, without notifying superiors, traveled to New York to meet with Trump on Thursday at Trump Tower. That caused consternation at senior levels of the administration, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal personnel matters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...de6ea6-adff-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

^^^^

How long until he is branded a racist? Or sexist.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"The Wall"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Looks like Trump is considering Sanders backer and former DNC official Tulsi Gabbard for a defense or foreign policy position. Link.

She has a background in foreign policy and military affairs. Oh yeah, and she's hot.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Oh yeah

Right person for the job no matter political party?

• Like Like x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Jungle love in Hawaii.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I approve of how quickly you get to the important stuff

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3-page Forbes piece on son-in-law -- "How Jared Kushner Won Trump The White House"
    Gives quite a bit of insight into the campaign
    I liked the early part when it was a shoestring operation (example below)
    Sort of a David-Goliath tale, where Davis outsmarted the opponent

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenb...shner-won-trump-the-white-house/#aec25752f50f

",,,,, “I called some of my friends from Silicon Valley, some of the best digital marketers in the world, and asked how you scale this stuff,” Kushner says. “They gave me their subcontractors.”

At first Kushner dabbled, engaging in what amounted to a beta test using Trump merchandise. “I called somebody who works for one of the technology companies that I work with, and I had them give me a tutorial on how to use Facebook micro-targeting,” Kushner says. Synched with Trump’s blunt, simple messaging, it worked. The Trump campaign went from selling $8,000 worth of hats and other items a day to $80,000, generating revenue, expanding the number of human billboards–and proving a concept. In another test, Kushner spent $160,000 to promote a series of low-tech policy videos of Trump talking straight into the camera that collectively generated more than 74 million views.,,,,,"

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I like that he's reaching out to a Sanders supporter, and I think Gabbard is principled and means well. However, her foreign policy is not what I'd want to see. She is significantly more dovish and more liberal on foreign policy than the Obama Administration is. In other words, she's a lot like Sanders.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump suggested Farage as UK ambassador to the US
    Brits were not amused

[​IMG]

24. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Maybe like Ali's rope a dope?

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

this part cracked me up

"...... This wasn’t a completely raw startup. Kushner’s crew was able to tap into the Republican National Committee’s data machine, and it hired targeting partners like Cambridge Analytica to map voter universes and identify which parts of the Trump platform mattered most: trade, immigration or change. Tools like Deep Root drove the scaled-back TV ad spending by identifying shows popular with specific voter blocks in specific regions–say, NCIS for anti-ObamaCare voters or The Walking Dead for people worried about immigration. Kushner built a custom geo-location tool that plotted the location density of about 20 voter types over a live Google Maps interface......"

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

She supported Rubio
    And she also famously tried to stand up to illicit Democrat/Union corruption

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts