"Trust me, I'm like a smart person." - Trump

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Seattle Husker, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Donald Trump during the eclipse today.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I guess if he doesn't mind burning his retina . . .

3. Seattle Husker

He had some glasses and momentarily had them off and looked up. According to the pool reports, one of the White House aids shouted "don't look at it" at this moment he looked up without the glasses on.

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Oh, boy. This is gripping news.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seattle Husker

Never claimed it was. It was merely funny given the irony of the statement and with idiotic act.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Idiotic act? I squinted at the sky yesterday as well but it doesn't mean I was looking directly into the eclipse. Of course if it was Obama who had done the exact same thing as Trump supposedly did you'd be producing stories from WashPo, NY Times, or some other rag explaining what Obama was really doing and you would believe it wholeheartedly.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  7. Seattle Husker

What did GatewayPundit have to say? That Trump wasn't looking at the eclipse?\

Did Obama also look at the eclipse without glasses? If not, what does he have to do with a conversation about Trump not valuing his retinas?

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Nope, just showing a hypothetical on just how full of crapola you are most of the time. But please, don't let me get in your way of your own personal "two scoops of ice cream" thread.

9. Seattle Husker

Back to the drawing board then, eh? "A" for effort.

10. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

If doing something against good advice makes us idiots ... there is a very small "non-idiot" pool of persons.

11. Seattle Husker

Speak for yourself, Crockett. :p

12. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I'll drink to that.

13. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Believe me, I'm not in the pool. Just Saturday night after a few hours on my feet at a festival I treated my aching arthritic knee with 5 Advil and $1s worth of 2 buck chuck.

• Like Like x 2